Utah's Universities and Colleges
Britton Thompson, Journalist • April 18, 2024
The Problem with AI Music
Rhett Parker, Journalist • April 18, 2024
The Artist Kathe Kollwitz
Julia Adams, Journalist • April 18, 2024
Zoey Larsen, Journalist • April 18, 2024

Boys’ lacrosse hopeful for season’s end

Lacrosse player runs during game against Bingham

“Improvement”-this is what has defined the boys’ lacrosse team.

Every season the boys try to improve. This year, the team has only fallen down once to the Weber Warriors.

With progress and development in the air, Davis High’s boys’ lacrosse team looks to end the 2011 season on a high note.

With the Division Two playoffs coming up, each player has improvement from last season as their goal.

Senior Attack Tanner Boden said, “We’re just taking it one game at a time, but really we are trying to contend this year for the Division Two State Championship. Last year we made it to the Semifinals and lost so we’re really looking to improve.”

In the May 3 battle against the Box Elder Bees, the boys took an intense 13-12 lead after scoring in the final minutes, ending with a dramatic but rewarding win to end the regular season near perfection.

They won only a single with many games getting blown out in the 2010 season. This season the team has improved more than imaginable, flip-flopping their regular season record.

“This year we have totally come alive,” said Boden.

With team expectations high, the boys look to have a great ending to this season.

“I think our team has the most talent we have ever had, every year we’re getting better,” said Boen.“This is mainly due to the growth of the youth lacrosse program. I’d say we are a very solid team this year.”