Students Express Clubs Importance

Mason Hall and Bentley Holley

Clubs are a major part of the high school experience for many of the students. In fact, for some of the students it is a huge part of their lives.

“I think it is nice for students to find a place in a school as big as our school is, it is really hard for students to find a ‘home’, and I think it is a great opportunity for some of them to be able to find a group of people who have the same interests as them and so they can feel like they belong to something,” teacher Mrs. Meade said.

Clubs are not only here to give a purpose to peoples’ lives. Many clubs are also here for a purpose and to deliver a message.

“I feel like through clubs you can do a lot of things that you wouldn’t do without them,” senior Alex Madsen said. “And get support from the student body as well to spread awareness for things.”

As well as spreading a message, clubs also have an intention to bring people together. Not just people that already know each other, but also to meet and greet new friends.

“I get to see a bunch of people and meet a bunch of people make connections I wouldn’t have had otherwise,” senior Ashlee Seager said. “It’s comfortable to be in and participate in those activities.”

All the several purposes that clubs serve bring together several people. It has, is, and will continue to be important to teachers and students.