Faculty Spotlight- Mrs. Beutler

Lizzie Bodily

More stories from Lizzie Bodily

Of all the teachers I have had this year, Mrs. Beutler is by far my favorite. As a Career and Technology Education teacher, she teaches CE Foundations of Nutrition, Foods and Nutrition 2, Intro to Education, and CE Culinary Arts classes here at Davis High. She is also the advisor of the FCCLA Club. After having her for two years, I can confidently say that she is a wonderful teacher for a number of reasons.

First of all, she is really patient and helpful; if I ever have a question, she is quick to jump into action and help me figure out what to do next. She is always willing to lend a hand to students and shows that she cares through her gentle temperament and willingness to slow down until students understand. She is almost always smiling, and her positivity and attitude are infectious and help students to feel welcome in her classroom. Today I want to turn the spotlight on her by learning more about her and her teaching career.

Mrs. Beutler has been a teacher for 35 years, and she truly enjoys her job. Her favorite part of teaching is the students because she loves to get to know them and build relationships with them. She said that was what she missed the most during Coronavirus Quarantine, and she hopes to stay open so she can get to know this year’s students better.

She has little preference for what class she teaches; she loves all of them, but she says that Foundations of Nutrition is her favorite to teach because it reminds her of how to keep her diet nutritious.

Outside of school, Mrs. Beutler likes to go horseback riding, especially with her family. Just this past weekend, she went horseback riding with her family in Zions National Park (as seen in the above image)! She also enjoys just about anything with family and going biking.

When asked about what she would do if she wasn’t a teacher, she replied “I don’t know- I love it so much”. However, if she had to choose, she says she would likely go back to her roots in business.

I would highly recommend taking one of her classes or joining FCCLA in the future to get to know this wonderful teacher; If you are looking for lifelong skills in CTE classes, I would highly recommend Mrs. Beutler.