Favorite Meals Made by My Mother
Brooklynn Hixon, Journalist • April 25, 2024
Stop Vaping
Julia Adams, Journalist • April 25, 2024
Top 10 Day Date Ideas
Bella Edwards, Journalist • April 23, 2024

Davis High Baseball

Baseball team

This year the Davis High Baseball is off to a great start being 5-0 in the start ofthe season. Owen Talbot who is currently batting 0.538 is off to a great start on theseason and has much more to look forward to. Davis is now 8-2 after taking losses toUniversity 3-5 and losing to Pacifica 1-4. The Darts are now ranked 4th in the state ofUtah based off of there record. Co-Player of the week was Wally Grant who is the 1stBaseman and also Pitcher he is currently batting 0.351 with 43 plate appearances. Theother Co-Player of the week is Spencer Cannon who is a pitcher only he has 10 APPwith a 1.17 ERA which is one of the best on the team. Carter Knight has 13 PlateAppearances and is batting .300 with 3 hits. So far the darts Region play hasn’t startedbut they are expected to win there division with there record and the way they havebeen playing recently.
PlayersRecently one of the players Cruz Rushton got hit by a Car 3 months ago and wasin a coma. By a Miricle he is back and playing the sport he loves again he is his favoriteteam is the Houston Astros. Tyson Bagget so far is hitting 0.357 with 7 hits on theseason he is only a sophomore. The darts will face Syracuse who is 3-5-1 this Tuesday,this is the darts first Region game of the season they will be looking for a big win. Weinterviewed Cruz and asked him what some of his favorite parts about being on theteam were and he responded by saying just being with the team and we spend so muchtime together that it feels like we are family. The next thing we asked him was what isthe scariest part about baseball, and he said when a fast ball is coming towards yourface. We Interview Carter Garret about what his favorite part about being on thebaseball team he said not having to be at school that often, Next we asked him what hisbest memories about being on the baseball team was, He said “When we beatHarriman first round of state last year”. We asked him who his favorite pitcher on theteam was and he responded Caleb Weaver because he gets mad when he pitchers.Carter Garret is the Right field on the team he is Varsity and he is batting 0.333 which isreally for baseball and one of the best on the team.

Region Play
The Darts Start Region play this Tuesday and will play Syracuse in 3 games thefirst being Tuesday the second being Wednesday and the last being Friday. The nextteam they will play is Fremont who they will play next week Freemont has a pretty goodteam but the way the team has been playing the darts should be able to get it done.Then they will continue to play Layton, Weber and Farmington in there last games of theseason before State.