The great wheels v. doors debate

More stories from Isaac Hirst

Are there more wheels or more doors in the world? This question has been a subject of intense debate here at Davis High School. Classrooms have erupted into discussions about whether there are more wheels or doors in the world. 

The question is a debatable subject simply because of sheer mathematical and counting complexity that is impossible for the human mind to fully comprehend. It would take thinking abilities of a computer to wrap up the full extent of it. 

Which is why most of the evidence behind the argument that isn’t gained through computer methods is geometric shapes, ratios, logic, and statistics. The methods used to obtain the evidence can help make the evidence sound quite simple and convincing.  

“Someone had time to think about it,” Gabe Stephenson said. “Too deep in thought.” This statement is where the question of more wheels or more doors came from according to Gabe. Social media may have also played a role, too. 

“[I] thought about houses, cars, everyday items,” Stephenson told us. That was how he got evidence for his argument. Stephenson also said, “[People] took the same approach I did.” Students probably took a similar thinking path, with variations for it. 

“People like the debate,” Stephenson said on why the question was relevant. If Stephenson’s thought is correct, then perhaps the reason why people and students at Davis High School argue about the question is because they like getting into debates. 

While the origin of the argument is murky, no one knows who started it, and most likely rooted in social media, the debate has started on a large scale, especially here at Davis High. The methods are also important, too. 

Whatever the method used to answer it, there’s still no clear answer, which leaves a void for a fun debate, and an interesting question for the students here to answer. Are there more wheels or doors? The choice is yours.