Principal Burton– “It’s a great day to be a Dart!”

Throughout the school’s 100 years there have been many principals and administrators who have all left behind their own legacies and carried on the Davis High tradition. At the end of this year our current principal, Mr. Burton, will be retiring and is preparing to leave his own legacy.

In Burton’s five years at Davis there have been many memorable experiences. “Obviously, one of the favorites is the completion of the new football field and track – that project was many years in the making and completion,” said Burton. He also has enjoyed just interacting with the students throughout the past few years. “Anytime I can go and watch the students perform –whether it be academics, athletics, or the arts – it is a favorite experience.  Just being with the students is best of all. That is why I do what I do,” Burton said.

Overall, Burton has enjoyed his time as principal. He said, “My experience here at Davis has been the very best part of my career.  I have loved every minute of it.  I have had the opportunity to associate with great kids, excellent teachers, a very supportive community, and be at my Alma Mater – it doesn’t get any better than that.”

Now that Burton is retiring, he will have time to devote to projects other than school. “I would like to do some traveling,” said Burton, “My job has never allowed me to be able to do that so that is one thing I want to do.  I love to golf and will be able to spend more time doing that.  My bucket list includes playing golf Pebble Beach so I want to play there.  We would like to serve a mission for our church and I really want to spend time with the grandkids.  Hopefully, that will keep me busy.”

Burton has created his own legacy that will be passed on for years to come. “If I could choose my legacy to leave here it would be one of caring for and loving the students.  One of academic excellence and a raising of the bar academically.  The new football field is a nice legacy to leave for future generations.  I guess I want the kids to know how much I love and care for them and how much I love Davis High,” said Burton, “It is a great day to be a DART.”