Out-of-School Activities

After School Activities

More stories from Charlie Zaugg

Out-of-School Activities

Most kids at Davis High School go to school four days of the week, but what do they do outside of school? I interviewed several students to see what they like to do when they aren’t in school. A majority of the kids said that they like to be in the outdoors. “I like to take my dog on trail walks,” said student Avery Major.

The Wasatch Mountain Range has lots of different trails to choose from, and it is only a five to ten minute drive from Davis High. Some of the best trails are at the East Mountain Wilderness Park.

When student Taig Olsen isn’t at school he likes to ski. “I hit the slopes as much as I can during the season because I love it.” Says Taig.

Skiing is a great way to get outside and be active for kids living in Utah. There are many different ski resorts that are nearby and have reasonable prices. “In my free time when I am not at school I like to develop film and play guitar,” says student Luke Weston.

Developing unique talents is a great way to spend your time outside of school. When student Spencer Swain isn’t at school, he likes to go Mountain biking. “There are lots of cool trails around my house that I like to go ride at. One of my favorites is the Farm.”

Mountain biking is another great outside of school activity. You can choose what level you want to ride at and it is a good way to stay active and in shape at the same time. And, if you want to take your mountain biking to the next level you can join the Davis High School mountain biking team. It is a good way to get out and be active and meet new people.

Davis High students have many unique hobbies and activities they like to participate in outside of school. From developing film to skiing, students at Davis do it all.