Davis High Baseball
Luke Edgington, Journalist • April 12, 2024
Utah spring activitie
Zoey Larsen, Journalist • April 12, 2024
Ranking Lana Del R
Brooklynn Hixon, Journalist • April 12, 2024

Girls Golf hope to bring another championship home

The Girls Golf Team is ready for a new start and season. Their first match is Thurs. Mar. 22 at Glen Eagle Golf Course in Syracuse.

Leading the girls is returning senior Carly Oldroyd. She has been on the team all three years, and hopes to lead her Darts to another State Championship. Oldroyd was a part of the State Championship team in 2009, that team was the first team to win a State Championship for Girls golf.

They were led by Katherine Ashby who shot a 79 at Glen Eagle, and Carly Oldroyd who shot an 84. Oldroyd has a lot of experience and skill.

She will be attending Weber State University on a golf scholarship. She has been working really hard to get to where she is and hopes to continue her successful career come golf season at Weber.

Golf is a game that takes many hours and years to get to a competitive level. Golf is a mental game, but it definitely takes skill and experience and that skill and experience is only attained through hard work and a desire to get better. It is maintained through hard work and determination.

All throughout the summer the Utah Jr. Golf Association holds tournaments for both boys and girls ages 5-18. Oldroyd has played in the UJGA and many of the girls on the team have participated in these tournaments. These tournaments get the girls experience that is priceless, come the school golf season. The school season is the time that girls should be on their games. This year’s golf team looks to be very promising, they have lots of talent and potential.