Humming Along To The Holidays

credit to google images

credit to google images

Greta Svagr, Writer

Yup! It’s that time of year and despite all the weirdness going on in the world, we have a great outlet, especially during the holiday season: music. For many, getting into the Christmas spirit during a worldwide pandemic might seem like a challenge, however we all need to find some happiness and motivation, so here are some great songs to get you in the cheery mood.

1. “All I Want For Christmas Is You,” by Mariah Carrey. This is an all time classic! Many of us Davis students have definitely heard it at least 30 times. Although it’s been basically burned into our ears at this point, it never gets old. The intro just gets us pumped up and hyped for the holiday season and everyone can join in to sing along.
  2. “Last Christmas,” by Wham! Obviously, this bop goes on the list because, again, most of us know it. It’s a fun Just Dance song to do and it brings Christmas vibes! “Last Christmas, I gave you my heart. Then the very next day, you gave it away. This year, to save me from tears, I’ll give it to someone special.”
  3. “It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year” is another great one. This song has a sweet melody and catchy lyrics. It brings back simple memories from childhood; when life wasn’t revolving around Covid-19 and everyone’s beautiful smiles weren’t covered by masks. Although it may not actually feel like “the most wonderful time of the year,” let’s all keep our heads up and keep trudging forward.

Obviously, there are many many more blissful and joyous holiday tunes we could include, this is just a snippet of the magic. Whatever Christmas songs you and your family prefer, the moral of this article and for the next few weeks is just to find that happiness. Through music or whatever other escape you have from this uncertain world, go and enjoy the holiday season!