AI Cheating in School

AI Cheating in School
Over the past few months, programmers have created a system that is able to generate contentand answers which has given students an easier way to cheat in school.
Chat GPT is a very common AI generator students have been using. Released on November 30,2022, Chat GPT blew up and was all over social media showing students what it could do whengiven simple commands such as: Write a 5-paragraph essay on US economy.
The AI generator would generate an essay with well formed paragraphs, proper grammar andpunctuation, and would flow well. Rather impressive for a command as simple as that. What’seven more amazing is that when given the same prompt twice, the AI will always generatesomething different. The problem with that is that it makes it easier for students to get awaywith.
It is still possible to catch students who are using the AI, however. “I put it into an AI checkerthat gives the percentage that used AI. If it is significantly high, which it usually is, the studentreceives a zero.” Mr. Frey said when asked how he prevents students from cheating.
Since finding out about the AI cheating, teachers have been trying to crack down on fraudulentessays. Frey says he has caught “Well over fifty” students using AI generators to cheat onassignments.

The punishment for cheating using AI is roughly the same as someone caught plagiarizing.“Students in my class get a zero but if the behavior continues it could be grounds for dismissalfrom the class and automatic F’s and U’s.” says Frey.
AI does have its downsides but could be very beneficial in the future. It can help answerquestions people may have about almost anything. AI is not completely unheard of as Apple hashad its version in ‘Siri’ for years, as well as Amazon’s ‘Alexa’.
“I think that the number one problem in the world is miscommunication. When people are usinga different source other than themselves cliché cheating themselves. It can be worse forrelationships with friends and significant others because they don’t know how to communicateproperly.” Frey’s remark when asked if he thinks AI can be good for students in the future.