The struggles of balancing work and life

Ellee Gapinski, Writer

Balancing high school life and working full time can be a daunting task. It requires discipline, time management, and prioritization. Here are some tips to help you balance high school life and working full time. 

Create a schedule that includes your work hours, study time, and leisure time. Stick to your schedule to ensure that you are using your time efficiently. This will help you avoid procrastination and ensure that you complete your tasks on time. “Work is like school. sometimes you want to go and other times you would rather clip your grandmas toenails.” Says Leah Zerkle 

Getting enough sleep is crucial when you are balancing high school life and working full time. Lack of sleep can lead to fatigue, decreased productivity, and poor performance. Aim to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night to ensure that you are well-rested and ready to tackle the day. 

It is important to prioritize your tasks when balancing high school life and working full time. Identify the most important tasks and complete them first. This will help you avoid feeling overwhelmed and ensure that you are making progress towards your goals. “Going to school as well as extra curricular  and work makes time management crucial which can be difficult at times. This being said I believe the benefits are well worth it.” Says George Drakos 

When you are balancing high school life and working full time, it is important to use your time wisely. Use your breaks and lunch hour at work to study or complete homework. This will help you make the most of your time and ensure that you are keeping up with your studies. “Having a job and going to High School has been awesome! At times its been hard to manage everything. But it has ultimately allowed me to make great friendships!” Says Summer Hess 

Balancing high school life and working full time can be challenging, but it is possible. Get support from family, friends, or teachers. They can offer encouragement, advice, and help you stay on track. 

In conclusion, balancing a high school life and working full time can be challenging, but with discipline, time management, and prioritization, it is possible to succeed. Remember to make a schedule, get enough sleep, prioritize your tasks, use your time wisely, and get support when you need it. Good luck!