Graduation approaching

Graduation+approaching

Dane Langpap, Writer

Davis High Graduation is less than 3 weeks away. Seniors are getting ready to graduate and take on life outside of high school. Graduating high school is a major milestone in a person’s life and can set you up for so many different opportunities.

It’s important to take time to celebrate your accomplishments and reflect on your goals. You’ve worked hard to get to this point. Now that you’ve graduated, it’s time to start thinking about your next steps. There are so many options available to you, including college, trade school, serving a mission through your church or the military. It’s important to research your options and find the best fit for your goals and interests. Take some time to explore different programs and schools, talk to people in your field of interest to get a better understanding of what you can expect.

Once you’ve chosen the path that’s right for you, it’s time to start preparing. This could mean, filling out applications, or applying for financial aid. It can be a lot to handle, but don’t worry, you don’t have to do it alone. There are resources available to help you every step of the way, including your counselors, teachers and coaches.

Tanner Knighton has been studying a trade at the DATC during his senior year so he can have a job ready right after graduation. “Yeah, I’ve been going to the DATC for almost a year now. I’m going to get my plumbing license. I am very happy with my decision to go this route as I already have a job with Knighton plumbing. I would recommend this path to anyone who likes to work and doesn’t enjoy school.”

Doug Devore is planning to serve in the military after graduation he says. “I’m planning on going into the air force, any military is a great option after high school not only do you get to serve your country, but you get your college education paid for by serving. I would recommend this option to really anyone and it is a great alternative.”

Collin Wright is planning to serve a mission after graduation, he is going to serve for the church of later day saints. “I’m serving my mission in Angola, I’ve got to learn Spanish pretty fast as I leave in June. I’m super excited I have been looking forward to my mission since I was a kid.”