2023 Davis High Homecoming

2023 Davis High Homecoming

The Homecoming dance is a tradition many schools have throughout the U.S. and in some schools in Canada. This year Davis High upheld this tradition with the Homecoming dance on Saturday, September 23. The dance started at 8:00 p.m. and went until 10:00 p.m. creating a fun night for those who attended. The Homecoming dance was held in the Davis High School gym.

This year’s theme for Davis High Homecoming was Reach for the Stars. The gym was decorated by the student government and student council with tons of lights hung above the students to look like stars. This theme represents Hollywood-related movies and shows. The school had a few different activities with this theme to promote the dance.

One of these events was the Parked Parade held by many of the school teams and clubs. This took place in the Davis High parking lot and went throughout the evening. Each club had a different theme from Hollywood movies. Some of these themes include Barbie, Indiana Jones, Frozen, and Toy Story. Every club dressed up as their assigned movie as they helped you through their activities. Each group had a different activity based on their movie theme. Some of the groups were in charge of refreshments like snow cones.

The other event promoting the Davis High Homecoming dance was the outdoor movie night. This event played the movie “Emperor’s New Groove” on the Davis High School football field. This event had concessions for the movie watchers to eat while they enjoyed the film. The school further promoted the theme of Homecoming with this outdoor movie.

The last event promoting the dance was the Homecoming Friday night football game. This was an at-home game against Fremont High School. The Davis student section or “the mob” was packed with more students than it could hold. This game ended in a forty-two Davis to zero Freemont score giving Davis a blowout win. This overwhelming win made Homecoming Week even more fun and exciting.

Many students who attend Homecoming plan activities for the day of the dance. It is tradition that you go out to eat dinner with your date and the group you are going to the dance with. Many also do group photos with their group and their date. Most of the time students will plan a day date before the dance to do something fun with their group and get to know them better.

Every dance needs a DJ with songs everyone can dance to. The Davis High Homecoming dance DJ played lots of hits for all who attended to dance and have fun. The DJ played an expansive mix of songs including slow dance songs, pop hits, and energetic hip-hop pieces. This mix of music made for a fun time with a pallet of different types of dances and songs.

Is Homecoming an event worth going to? There are various reasons why students do not attend homecoming. Some do not have time, others money, and some just do not feel like the dance would be fun. When asked why he did not attend the Homecoming dance, Sawyer Shiner, a junior at Davis High School said, “I had work, and I was broke.” He also said “Yes, if I had had the money” when asked if he would have liked to go to the dance. Homecoming is a very fun event that many look forward to and are disappointed when they are not able to go.

Should the cost of Homecoming and of the traditions that follow it be lowered so that more students will want to attend? Many of the traditions surrounding Homecoming can be very expensive. The cost of fancy dinners, activities, and pictures along with the tickets needed for the dance can add up, causing students to not want to attend. While tickets are needed for the dance these are not super expensive compared to other events that are traditional for Homecoming. Even though these traditions are followed by many it does not mean that you have to follow exactly or do them at all. It is up to the students to decide what they want to do for their date. Many cheaper alternatives to these things can help you save money. The price of tickets should not be raised as they help support the cost of hosting the event.

The Davis High Homecoming dance was an event enjoyed by many students. There were many things that the event did good at. The decorations were great and went along with the theme very well. The gym was perfect as it held all the people who attended yet was not too crowded. “Yes, the dance was fire!” said Ryder Ahlquist, a Davis High Junior when prompted about whether or not he enjoyed Homecoming. Ryder also said, “Mid-music, it could have been better.” This is something multiple people have said. While the DJ played a variety of good songs there were a few disliked ones and not too many super fun ones. If the DJ switched these songs that not many people enjoy for some more popular the music would improve by a lot. Another thing that could be improved in the future is the volume of the music. For the slow songs you could hear what song was playing but for multiple of the hype songs only the first few seconds could be heard before the crowd drowned it out. This could be solved by changing the volume between songs that will need to be louder or softer.

The Davis High School Homecoming Dance was a blast and well worth attending. This year’s theme for the Homecoming dance was fun and unique. All of the activities throughout the week before the dance were a lot of fun and the effort put into them by the many school clubs and teams that attended was much appreciated. 2023 The homecoming dance did a lot of things well and made the event very enjoyable. There were a few things they could improve on like the DJ and volume for the music but other than that the dance was great. I would recommend attending this dance next year and future dances. Even if you do not have a lot of money for them you can try to find cheaper options and still have a fun time. Davis High 2023 Homecoming Dance was amazing and essential for high school students to attend.