Favorite Meals Made by My Mother
Brooklynn Hixon, Journalist • April 25, 2024
Stop Vaping
Julia Adams, Journalist • April 25, 2024
Top 10 Day Date Ideas
Bella Edwards, Journalist • April 23, 2024
The Unheard Voices of MMIW
Brooklynn Hixon, Journalist • April 22, 2024

2023 Fall Fasion Trends

2023 Fall Fasion Trends

As fall arrives with its colorful leaves and cooler air, the fashion scene undergoes a transformation of its own, revealing a range of exciting fall trends that can redefine your seasonal style. For us high school students, autumn is more than just school; it’s a time to show off our personalities through what we wear. It’s a time when comfort meets style, and I’m here to guide you through the latest trends that’ll keep you warm and fashionable, whether you’re in the hallway or out and about.

Cozy and Stylish Feet: Uggs are back, and they are cozier than ever. Paired with some cute socks, they add a touch of warmth and charm to your fall outfits. The combination of comfort and style is perfect for the autumn season. Including Adidas Gazelles and Sambas, Converse sneakers, loafers, Birkin clogs, and, of course, classic boots. Each of these options complements different style and occasions, allowing you to switch up your look effortlessly.

Sweater Weather: Whether you want to look like Rory Gilmore or you just like the look, oversized, chunky sweaters are a must-have this fall. They not only keep you warm but also give off a cozy and relaxed vibe. Hoodies are a must; you can get so many different ones and you can never go wrong with them. Don’t shy away from those grandpa sweaters; they are the epitome of comfort and style.

Vests and Sweater Vests for Layering: Vests have made a comeback, and they’re not just for dads anymore. So, if you’re a girl who “borrows” from your mom’s closet, maybe it’s time to raid your dad’s, too. Whether it’s a classic vest or a trendy sweater vest, layering is key this fall. You can layer them on top of long-sleeved shirts, turtlenecks, sweaters, and experiment with different textures and colors to create a unique look.

Wide-Legged Jeans, Leggings, Cargos, and PJ Pants: Comfort meets style with wide-legged jeans and leggings. Mix and match these with your favorite tops and sweaters for a relaxed yet fashionable look. Cargo pants have made a comeback, proving that utility can be effortlessly cool making them both trendy and cute for any casual look. And don’t forget about the versatility of PJ pants; they’re perfect for those lazy fall days when you want to feel like you’re still in bed.

Accessories that Make a Statement: Add ribbons to your hair, put on some rings, throw on some shades, or wrap yourself in a scarf for that extra touch. If you love hats or have a bad hair day, beanies, baseball and trucker hats are a great choice. If you don’t want to carry all your stuff around tote bags are trendy and practical. You can even spice them up with ribbons and cool designs. These accessories can transform a simple outfit into a fashionable statement.

Thrifting and Everything Vintage: Lastly, don’t forget the thrill of thrifting. You’d be amazed at the gems you can find at thrift stores. Thrifting not only allows you to save money but also contributes to sustainable fashion by giving pre-loved items a new life. It also allows you to find vintage pieces for less. It’s an eco-friendly way to update your wardrobe.

This fall, it’s all about embracing comfort, nostalgia, and individuality. Mix and match these trends to create a style that’s unique to you. So, whether you’re hitting the mall or thrift store, make sure to explore these trends and make this fall your most fashionable one yet.