Should Artist’s Earn More Money

Artist put time and effort into their art pieces. The detail that they put in it is amazing. But when they sell their artwork, they don’t get much money. People think that artist just paint/draw those things in a few minutes. However, it can take years to create a masterpiece.

I am an artist and occasionally. I will sell my art. But I won’t make much. The most I’ll make on an art piece, is $20. I love to paint and draw. Sometimes I love to paint and draw. Sometimes I take hours on an art piece, and it will look super detailed and look like the reference photo that I used. But I won’t get much.

There are some artists who will post their art on social media so they can get people to like their art and maybe even buy it from them. Social media is to mainly build a platform and an audience so then more people will see and like their art.

Another reason why artist should earn more money, they pay from all the supplies to make the art piece and it is not cheap. Paint alone is about 5 to 10 dollars each. Brushes are expensive as well. You wouldn’t think so because it’s just a stick with hair.

Depending on the size of canvas, that could be expensive as well. Most of the medium sized canvases are about 20 dollars. But if you get a large canvas, it would be about 80 to 100 dollars. I would get all my supplies at Michaels just because they have better quality supplies, but you can also go to Walmart, Target, or Hobby Lobby to get other supplies.

Artist should also get paid for when it is used in AI art. People are noticing that other people’s art in AI filters. And the people who created the Ai filters, got in a lot of trouble with artists. They were trying to sue the people who made the filter because they were stealing their art without their permission or credit to the artist.

Some artists spend most of their energy in their art as well. They will spend hours, days, weeks, months, years on artwork that could be so detailed. And if you’re not famous like Picasso, Da Vinci, Banksy, etc., you won’t get paid very much for time and energy you put in your artwork.

If you are an artist, another way you can make money is digital art and then making a print of it. If you make a digital print of your art, then you can do so many things with it. You can sell your art and make products with them. You can put your art hoodies, shirts, pants, socks, and jackets. You can also make stickers, keychains, and other accessories with your art. However, it’s not a guarantee that people will buy your products though.

Which is why you must build your platform on all social media. Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and other platforms you can think of to put your art on there. You also need to be consistent with your painting or drawing and posting. In my opinion, you should be posting about 1 to 2 times a week or more depending on how much time you have on your hands. Most of the time, the people posting their art are out of high school but some of the time they are younger than that so it can be harder because they should be focusing on school.

You can also get creative with your artwork and try new things. New mediums, new supplies, new art experiments. After doing the same art for a while, personally, I start to get bored of it. So, to switch things up, I will try a different form of art. Sometimes I’ll draw, make stuff with clay or anything crafty.

Some things that I will draw really depend on my mood and how I’m feeling. When I’m happy I’ll draw some flowers animals, and some other things that make me happy. When I’m sad, I’ll draw skulls, swords, hearts, and things that make me sad. Sometimes I won’t have any motivation to draw but I make myself anyways just because it makes me happy. If I don’t know what to draw, I’ll just go onto Pinterest and look some things up to draw.

When I make things out of clay, it can be kind of difficult to think of something to make, so again, I go to Pinterest to get some ideas on what to make. I like to make little charms, earrings, bowls, cups, and trays. And the great part of creating anything with clay is you get to make it, decorate it however you would like, and then display it for everyone to see. Another thing I like to do with clay is not making but decorating. My family will go to a potter painting place where you can decorate all sorts of things. I always love going there because I don’t feel tied down and I can do what I want.

When I get some crafty supplies, I normally get something that comes wit a kit that has everything in it. One time my family got me a painting rock kit and it was super fun. Some of the kits come with a lot of things so then multiple people can do it at one time. Luckily, I am an only child, and I didn’t have to share supplies with my siblings but sometimes my parents or cousins would want to try it and I would let them. My parents would also buy me a lot of jewelry making kits and those were so fun cause I could make whatever I wanted, and in different colors.

In conclusion, I think artist should get more money for time and effort they put into their pieces. And if you are an artist and want to start, be selling your art that you spent a long time on, go and do it. I promise you won’t regret it. You could get some good money selling your artwork.