What Am I going to do this Halloween

If you are asking yourself this same question you are in the same boat as most people in our high school. Preparing costumes and gathering friends on the weekends, looking for something fun to do, October takes the cake when it comes to things to do. Let us talk about the best things this month for you and your buddies to do leading up to Halloween!

Primarily, let us go over some of the best pumpkin patches in the area…

First on our list is Black Island Farms located in Syracuse, Utah. Located out in the rural areas of Utah, one of the best pumpkin patches in the area sits. Not only fields of pumpkins but also not one, but two corn mazes that are long and exciting. One of them being completely scary and full of haunts called Nightmare Acres. Haunted attractions are available on the weekends, but the pumpkin patch is open every day besides Sunday and the pumpkin patch is open from 4-10 on the weekdays!

Picture by Owner of Black Island Farms

Next, is Cross E Ranch. The same kind of thing as Black Island Farms but bigger and better. They have a very impressive and big corn maze as well as vendors and activates. With delicious apple cider doughnuts and movie nights on the ranch, this is a fun place to be.

Photo by Cross E Ranch Owners

Now let us get into the haunts! Utah should be known for its huge list of haunted houses with impressive themes and record-breaking details. One of the most daunting being first on our list. If you have ever driven I-15 through Salt Lake, you have seen it towering over the area.

Fear Factory is the first haunted house on our list. Towering 6 stories high in central Salt Lake it is hard to miss it! This old concrete factory was a horror story from when it first opened its doors almost 100 years ago and now today it has been made into a nightmare experience, Fear Factory is a haunted house fan’s best friend. Fear factory is about a 45 minute long walk through different themes and rooms of horrors. With almost a million dollars’ worth of animatronics and hundreds of actors Fear Factory does not mess around.

Next found right off the highway on 1300 South Salt Lake is Nightmare on 13th. It has been a treasure of Salt Lake for years with the large murals outside changing every year. When I was a kid growing up down the road it was something I always looked forward to. This one started as a small, owned operation and grew into something that is a stapple for people in Utah every October. It is about an hour to walk through not including their other attractions like an escape room and an extra themed extension haunted house that changes every year. Both houses plus others like Castle of Chaos and Haunted Hallows are a great option for things to do on Halloween.

In conclusion, it is hard to find Halloween parties unless you are in the know but there is always something for you are your friends to do in the month of October to celebrate the holiday.