Favorite Meals Made by My Mother
Brooklynn Hixon, Journalist • April 25, 2024
Stop Vaping
Julia Adams, Journalist • April 25, 2024
Top 10 Day Date Ideas
Bella Edwards, Journalist • April 23, 2024
The Unheard Voices of MMIW
Brooklynn Hixon, Journalist • April 22, 2024

Delicious showdown: Tacotime vs. Taco Bell.

In the world of Tex-Mex fast food, there are two prominent players in the Kaysville Utahfood industry: Tacotime and Taco Bell. Both restaurants have been serving tasty tacos andburritos for decades. Tacotime, a Kaysville original, has been here since 1964. While Taco Bellwas just built. Both restaurants offer their unique spin on the food they serve, but which onereigns supreme?
Tacotime was founded in 1960 in Eugene, Oregon. In 1964, one was opened up right herein Kaysville, Utah, and it even has a disco ball! The restaurant has built up a loyal following overthe years with its signature Crisp Burritos and Mexi-Fries. The chain is known for its freshingredients and adding a healthier twist to fast food. TacoTime’s menu is characterized by itslighter, more moderate take on Mexican cuisine, with items like soft tacos and classic burritos.In 1962, Glen Bell founded Taco Bell in Downey, California. This fast-food titan hasbecome a household name in the restaurant industry due to its large menu, creative marketingand advertisements, and iconic items like the Crunchwrap Supreme and Doritos Locos Tacos.Taco Bell’s most fast food take on Mexican flavors includes spicier ingredients and innovativeand creative concepts.
TacoTime focuses on simplicity, offering a concise menu with a few smaller, but keyitems that are done well. Items like the soft tacos, which include your choice of protein (beef,chicken, or sweet pork), cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes shine on the small menu. Other signatureitems include crisp tacos, sweet pork burritos, the Chicken Ranchero Burrito, crisp burritos, andthe Mexi-Fries. The Mexi-Fries, similar to Tater-Tots, add a unique twist to the menu. Theseitems are all complemented by the expansive choices of unique salsas and sauces
Taco Bell, on the other hand, takes a more expansive approach to Mexican cuisine. Theirmenu boasts numerous choices, including vegan and vegetarian options, each with a wide rangeof customization. From the Doritos Locos Tacos to the smothered burritos, Taco Bell offers amultitude of ways to satisfy your hunger. This variety caters to a diverse customer base, making                                                                                   
Taco Bell a convenient choice for groups with varying tastes.When it comes to taste, both TacoTime and Taco Bell have their strengths.TacoTime prides itself on the freshness of their ingredients, and it shows in the taste. Theregular soft beef taco has a simple yet flavorful taste with the fresh tomatoes and lettuce adding ahome-grown taste to your meal. The Mexi-Fries have a unique taste to them, comparing them totraditional Tater Tots or even French fries from other restaurants.
Taco Bell’s extensive menu means there is something for everyone here. The DoritosLocos Tacos are a fan favorite, delivering a burst of bold flavors in each bite. The other menuitems feature blends of textures and tastes. While some may argue that Taco Bell’s offerings areless authentic than those of TacoTime, they undoubtably pack a flavorful punch and are a greatchoice for quick and easy food.
For those who are conscious of their health, TacoTime may hold the edge over Taco Bell.The chain prides itself of using fresh and higher-end ingredients in all of their items. Their menuincludes options such as the veggie Burrito, with rice, pinto beans, cheese, lettuce, fresh salsa,sour cream, and sunflower seeds, all able to be substituted or removed. Items like the Veggieburrito cater towards vegetarians or even people more concerned about their health, and theirnutrition information is readily available. TacoTime’s commitment to healthier fast food isevident, making it an ideal choice for those seeking nutritious alternatives.
Taco Bell, with its bolder and often indulgent menu, may not be the first choice forhealth-conscious diners. However, they have made efforts to offer more nutritious options inrecent years. The “Fresco Style” menu, which replaces certain ingredients with fresh salsa orPico de Gallo, provides some lower-calorie alternatives to other, less healthy ingredients.TacoTime and Taco Bell both offer budget-friendly options. TacoTime’s menu is slightlypricier, which is made up by the freshness and the quality of food you are getting. The cheapestitem on the menu is one Crisp Beef Taco, running at $2.29. While the most expensive item onthe menu, the Casita Burrito platter will cost you around $10, give or take.
If you are looking for the cheapest option, look no further than Taco Bell. The menu isfull of cheaper items ranging in the $2-$3 range. The only unfortunate thing is that the price cansometimes show in the quality of food. The cheapest item on the menu is the Cheesy bean andrice burrito costing only $1.00. The most expensive item on the menus is the meal deals, whichcome with a variety of different options for the customer to choose from. These can cost up to$7.00 depending on location.
The dining experience at TacoTime and Taco Bell can vary significantly. TacoTimeestablishments often feature a cozier and more intimate atmosphere, with their clean, well-litinteriors creating a pleasant setting for a quick meal. The focus is on the food after all.
Taco Bell on the other hand, tends to be more spacious and accommodating for largergroups. Their restaurants are designed for a quick yet social dining experience, complete with arange of seating options. Some locations offer drive through services, making it convenient forthose on the go, but not all locations have this.In the end, determining which fast-food chain is better between TacoTime and Taco Bellcomes down to personal preferences. If you’re seeking a healthier, simple, and quality meal,TacoTime is the way to go with its all-fresh ingredients and quality of food and service. If youare looking for a broader range of flavors and bold combinations, Taco Bell would be the bestchoice with their different styles of food and the fun and exciting new flavors to try.Either one you choose; you will be in for a treat as these two restaurants are bothdelicious options to fill your Mexican food related needs.