The NFL Draft
Jordan Taula, Journalist • May 2, 2024
Please Sleep
Julia Adams, Journalist • May 2, 2024
Best College Degrees
Zeke Richardson, Journalist • May 2, 2024

36 Barbie Movies from Worst to Best

When people think of Barbie movies, today they would think of Greta Gerwig’s “Barbie”that was released in July earlier this year. But not a lot of people know of the gems that are theanimated barbie movies that have been coming out since 2001. All of them are special andnostalgic, and so many people watched the movies as kids. So, here is a ranking of all theanimated Barbie movies that have come out. Not every single Barbie movie will be discussed, asseem to come out all the time. Please note that this is my opinion and please don’t get mad atme over Barbie movies!Number 36: “Barbie Video Game Hero” – This movie is creative with its differentanimation styles as Barbie traveled through different video games, but it just hurt my eyes. Theplot was boring, and it seemed like the movie was sponsored by “Just Dance” with all thereferences.Number 35: “Barbie and her sisters in a Puppy Chase” – There isn’t much to say aboutthis movie, only that there are dancing horses that are funny. But clearly, it isn’t thatrememberable.Number 34: “Barbie in Princess Power” – This movie is a knock-off of Spider-man exceptBarbie gets kissed by a butterfly instead of bitten by a spider. Not that promising.Number 33: “Barbie Presents: Thumbelina” – The movie is good with its environmentalthemes as Barbie tries to save her garden, but overall, the movie is just boring and makespeople fall asleep.Number 32: “Barbie: Star Light Adventure” – the first sci-fi Barbie movie. It’s anaesthetically pleasing movie, but the plot is weak, and the love interest is too boring.Number 31: “Barbie: A Perfect Christmas” – This movie is a musical, but Barbie isannoying in it and the movie is boring overall.Number 30: “Barbie and the Secret Door” – This is a fun movie, but staring at highlysaturated colors of an hour and a half can overwhelm viewers and give them headaches. Barbieis not a rememberable protagonist, and the movie tended to be random and missed a lot ofjokes.Number 29: “Barbie and Her Sisters and a Great Puppy Adventure” – It loses points forthe long title, and the plot is weak. Barbie and her sisters were able to find rare treasure in aday that their grandpa looked for for years. The dogs were a nice touch, though.Number 28: “Barbie: Dolphin Magic” – is an overall good movie, but it lacks the magic ofnostalgia. Ken is a marine biologist in the movie, and we love to see a working man. The movie

as pretty colors and a good plot, but it goes on Number 28 because it’s not a movie that seems
to stick.Number 27: “Barbie in a Christmas Carol” – This movie is unique in having Barbie be theScrooge in the story. But the plot tends to drag, and the cat sidekick is annoying.Number 26: “Barbie: Mariposa & the Fairy Princess” – This movie is a sequel to “Barbie:Mariposa” and it’s just not as special as the first. In the first movie, the main character Elinafrom “Barbie Fairytopia” narrates the story, but she is absent in this one!Number 25: “Barbie: Spy Squad” – This movie is fun and entertaining. The plot twist atthe end is super predictable, but the love interest being for Teresa instead of Barbie is a nicechange of pace. The robot pets were kind of annoying though.Number 24: “Barbie Fairytopia: Magic of the Rainbow” – This movie is the third in the“Fairytopia” trilogy, and my least favorite. Bibble is still amazing in it, and he even gets a loveinterest! The fairy school in it is creative, but the movie itself doesn’t stand out.Number 23: “Barbie: The Pearl Princess” – There is nothing wrong with this film, but it isso like every other mermaid Barbie movie created before it. It’s cool how they did a Rapunzelstoryline underwater, but it’s simply all their stories combined into one.Number 22: “Barbie in a Mermaid Tale 2” – The main antagonist in the first moviecomes back for the second one, which seems like a lack of creativity from the writers. However,the Australian girl they added was great and added depth to the movie.Number 21: “Barbie and Her Sisters in a Pony Tale” – Pony Tale is genuinely one of thefunnier Barbie movies simply because of the bloopers at the end and that is why it is placedhigher up on this list. The horses are fun, and we love a magical animal with pink hair. TheFrench antagonists are also funny.Number 20: “Barbie in Rock ‘N Royals” – This is basically Camp Rock with Barbies. Thetwo protagonists get sent to the wrong camp with the “rock” one going to the royal camp andthe “royal” one going to the rock camp. Fun, but it reminds me “Princess and the Pauper” waytoo much.Number 19: “Barbie in the Pink Shoes” – This movie should be higher up the list, but theother movies ahead are so good! I love that Barbie gets to travel through different ballets, andthe movie is very aesthetically pleasing. But the protagonist is bland, and she used to scare me.Number 18: “Barbie Fairytopia” – If you’ve ever seen a picture of a cute blue and purplefairy guy, that’s Bibble and this is where he comes from. It’s really cool how Elina, ourprotagonist, lives in a peony, and Bibble carries the entire movie.

Number 17: “Barbie Fairytopia: Mermaidia” – This movie is the best one in the
Fairytopia trilogy. Elina must help Nori, a mermaid, rescue Prince Nalu and it is just so good. Thedeveloped friendship between Nori and Elina is to die for, and Bibble carries this movie as well.Number 16: “Barbie: The Princess & the Popstar” – Although it’s a copy of “Princess andthe Pauper,” this movie is still a classic that should be enjoyed by everyone. The music in themovie is the absolute best, and it has a cover of “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun,” which is alwaysfun.Number 15: “Barbie: A Fashion Fairytale” – Barbie is an actress in this movie that getsfired and dumped by Ken. So, she goes to Paris. This is the correct solution, and she does greatat the fashion show. It was also fun to see Ken lose it trying to get to Paris.Number 14: “Barbie: Mariposa” – Barbie is now a butterfly fairy named Mariposa, andshe must save the queen. There are inconsistencies with the accents in this movie, but PrinceCarlos has a fake but cool Spanish accent. I loved how Elina from “Fairytopia” narrated thestory!Number 13: “Barbie in a Mermaid Tale” – This movie is a classic. Barbie is a surfer whogets pink hair and turns into a mermaid! I liked the dolphin, and the tail Barbie gets is iconic.The mom is also very pretty.Number 12: “Barbie and the Three Musketeers” – I feel bad for everyone who doesn’tknow this movie. We love a strong, independent women who can also have a love interest! Thefriend group in the movie is adorable, and the prince is innovative and sweet.Number 11: “Barbie and the Diamond Castle” – The music in this movie is iconic and willalways take me back to my childhood. The twin brothers are funny and cute, and the onlydownside is that the troll in this movie looks like a potato.Reaching the top 10, these are my favorite Barbie movies of all time. They can never betopped and will forever be special in my heart.Number 10: “Barbie: A Fairy Secret” – Raquelle in this movie will always beremembered, and Ken is at his peak when it comes to humor. The storyline is amazing with Kenbeing married off to a fairy queen, and Barbie and Raquelle’s friendship development is verywell done.Number 9: “Barbie as the Island Princess” – Antonio is a great love interest with a goodsinging voice, and Ro (Barbie) is a promising protagonist. This movie reminds me of Tarzan,except Ro goes to civilization. The only bad part of this movie is the scary baby elephant withthe false eyelashes, Tika.Number 8: “Barbie: Princess Charm School” – Barbie plays a girl named Blair who wins alottery and gets to go to a princess school! This movie is nostalgic and has an amazing plot. It

may be predictable, but it’s even more entertaining. I also love the character development with
the mean girl, Delancey.Number 7: “Barbie Diaries” – Barbie is in high school in this movie, which is completelydifferent than all the other Barbie movies. It’s a refreshing change, and the stereotypical highschool plotline is too good to pass up. Kevin, the love interest, is a little creepy though, and theanimation is the most terrible out of all the movies, and that’s saying something.Number 6: “Barbie as Rapunzel” – Disney’s “Tanged” will always be a classic, but it’s acrime to think of Rapunzel and to not think of the Barbie version. The dress Barbie wears at theend is stunning, and her magical paintbrush is cool. The weasel is strange, but the Penelope thedragon is cute!Number 5: “Barbie in Swan Lake” – This is, by far, the most aesthetically pleasing Barbiemovie in the entire selection. The colors, Barbie’s dress, and the settings are stunning. Theending is changed to be much happier than the original ballet which is always refreshing. Theunicorn sidekick is the best sidekick from all the movies because of her spunky personality.Number 4: “Barbie in the Nutcracker” – This was the first Barbie movie to ever come outin 2001. Although the animation might be hard to look at sometimes, the colors are beautiful.The nutcracker really grows on you throughout the movie, and it’s a Christmas classic I alwaysmust go back to every year.Number 3: “Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus” – Annika (Barbie) and Aiden’s (Ken’s)relationship development is the best in any Barbie movie. They have amazing banter in thebeginning, and they can both ice skate beautifully. The polar bear sidekick in the movie is alsocute, which gives this movie points.Number 2: “Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses” – I love how all 12 sisters havedifferent personalities and it shows. Derek as a love interest is a 10/10, and his character isn’tjust for love either, as he becomes an investigator halfway through the film. The dancing is alsovery pleasing to the eye.Number 1: “Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper” – This comes as no surprise toanyone who has watched this movie. Preminger, the antagonist, is hands down the most iconicvillain in all of Barbie history. The music in this movie is on a whole other level with amazingsoundtracks such as “I’m Just Like You” and “To Be a Princess.” Julian and Dominic are top tierlove interests, and I love Annalise and Erica so much as protagonists. This movie fully deservesthe number one spot.Believe it or not, these aren’t all the Barbie movies, but these are the ones worthranking. Each opinion is my own and you are welcome to disagree or agree with this rankinglist. Barbie movies have become a staple in so many people’s childhoods, and they deserveevery word of praise they get. People will remember these nostalgic films forever.