Best activities for you to do during this chilly season.

As the days grow shorter and the temperature gets colder, many people might find themselvesfeeling cooped-up inside their home. This is common during winter because many things like thecold and snow detract people away from going outside and doing fun things. However, winteroffers a unique charm that can be enjoyed to the fullest. There are many things to do in thewintertime besides staying indoors.SnowshoeingIn the winter, nature seems even more beautiful than ever with the snow covering the topsof the trees, and there is no better way to enjoy and explore it than snowshoeing. Head toSnowbasin, Powder Mountain, the Cottonwood Canyons or even just right here in Kaysville toexperience the beautiful outdoors in the winter. The silence is serene, and the only noises are thecrunch of the snow beneath your feet. If any of this sounds like something you would enjoy,consider renting or buying snowshoes at a local sporting goods store.Ice SkatingAs one of the most iconic winter activities, ice skating is a perfect wintertime activity forany ages. Whether you are gliding gracefully across a frozen lake or just learning how to iceskate at your local ice rink, the fun of ice skating is unparalleled. Bundle up in your warmest gearand skate the night away with friends and family if you feel too cramped up in your own homeduring wintertime.Cabin GetawayDuring winter, the inside of your own home may be getting repetitive and boring. If so,take a getaway and rent a cabin and stay a few nights with friends or family. Being one of thefew activities that you would have to spend money, this may not be your first choice of activity.But if you can save the money, it is well worth it. Sip on hot chocolate, relax, play a board game,sleep, or go outside in the woods. Any of this would be better than being stuck at home. It is aperfect way to unwind and reconnect with friends and family, all away from your home.SleddingReignite your inner child by going sledding. Most people have at least tried sledding andhave never forgotten it. Being as simple as can be, some people may think it is childish or not asfun as other winter activities, but it can be just as fun as other activities at a fraction of the price.Dress warm, find the best hill around, grab a sled, and let gravity work its magic. The rush ofwind in your face and the laughter of friends or family will make you forget about the cold.Wildlife WatchingDuring the winter, many exotic and different animals come out. It makes winter afantastic time to watch for wildlife if you are interested in that. Many animals, from deer toeagles, are more visible in the snow-covered landscape. Bundle up and head to the nearest local

wildlife park or go up in the mountains around Kaysville and look for yourself, you will not be
disappointed.Skiing and SnowboardingThe only other activity that requires you to spend lots of money, is skiing andsnowboarding. These two sports are staples of winter fun and are also staples of being the mostexpensive winter activity. Nevertheless, skiing and snowboarding are endless fun and are evenfun while you are still learning how. Kaysville is situated perfectly for skiers and snowboarders.We have seven well-sized ski resorts all within a two-hour drive, with the closest beingSnowbasin. Lots of people would agree that skiing or snowboarding is their favorite winteractivity, and it shows. A lot of students at Davis High do one or the other.Winter PhotographyEmbrace the unique beauty and picture opportunity that winter brings. Capture thesparkling icicle, the contrast of animals against the snow, and nature shots that do not look likereal life. Winter is a perfect time for veteran and amateur photographers alike because of theunique pictures that can be taken during wintertime. During the summer, pictures can get blandand overdone. But during winter, a lot of the pictures seem completely different to their summercounterparts. This gives photographers a better opportunity to photograph the beautiful sceneryof winter.Winter FestivalsMany cities around the world host beautiful winter festivals, complete with holidaymarkets, ice sculptures, and warm food and beverages. Popular festivals along the Wasatch Frontinclude the Luminaria in Thanksgiving Point, and the Winter Wonderland Festival in Draper.These can be showcases for the fun of Christmas season and the wintertime seasons. Explorethese festive events, sample unique treats, and shop with friends and family.Snowball fightsGather your friends and family for a classic snowball fight. Create elaborate forts andtake cover! Though this seems like an obvious answer, when you get into it, it never gets boringusing strategies to win the fight. Snowball fights are a fantastic way to exercise, bond, indulge infriendly competition, and just have an all-around good time.StargazingClear winter skies offer some of the best stargazing opportunities. Bundle up, bring atelescope or binoculars, and head to a dark and remote location. Gaze at constellations, planets,and shooting stars. Although this is an activity that can be done almost all times of the year,something about wintertime makes it seem like the sky is so full of stars. If you are not careful,you could get sucked in and watch the stars for quite some time.In conclusion, the winter season is full of wonder and joy, and there is a wide range ofactivities to enjoy. From embracing the gorgeous views of nature and wildlife, to the excitement

of a snowball fight, there are so many things to do when you feel stuck inside your home. So, do
not let the cold weather scare you away and keep you indoors; venture out and experience themagic and fun of winter for yourself. Careful though, as it might just become your new favoriteseason.