The NFL Draft
Jordan Taula, Journalist • May 2, 2024
Please Sleep
Julia Adams, Journalist • May 2, 2024
Best College Degrees
Zeke Richardson, Journalist • May 2, 2024

The most delicious foods at Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is looked over a lot because of how close it is to Christmas, but on the dayof, thousands of families gather to share a delicious feast together. The foods created havebecome iconic for Thanksgiving, and most people have the same things at the feast such asturkey, potatoes, rolls, pies, and more. But that doesn’t mean that everyone has the samepreferences. Foods like stuffing are either loved or hated, while almost everybody loves turkey.When asked what their favorite Thanksgiving food was, this was what most people said.“Funeral potatoes for sure,” Grace Kirkham, a student at Davis High, said when askedthe question. Other students around her quickly agreed. Funeral potatoes is a very popular dishduring Thanksgiving, and it’s adored by thousands of Americans. Potatoes on their own arepopular. They can take many forms during Thanksgiving. They can be not just as funeralpotatoes but as mashed potatoes as well. Mashed potatoes were another very popular dishthat a lot of people said when they were asked what their favorite Thanksgiving dish was. It’s avery simple food that everyone can enjoy, no matter how picky they may be.When asked what her favorite Thanksgiving food was, Izzy Martinez answered,“Probably the rolls or the mashed potatoes.” Her opinion not only confirms that almosteverybody loves mashed potatoes, but also that rolls are another popular food that people loveto eat at Thanksgiving. Isabelle Jorgensen said rolls as well when asked what her favoriteThanksgiving food was. Rolls with butter and jam are a great appetizer to start out your feast.You can put any topping you want on them, and they always turn out delicious. It’s clearly nosecret that rolls are a popular food to eat on Thanksgiving.Sometimes the foods people like change as they grow older. Many different age groupsprefer different things. Angee Gardiner, a wonderful mother said, “I love stuffing.” When a lotof high school students were asked the same question, rarely any of them said stuffing. It’sinteresting how more adults tend to like stuffing more than teenagers and children, but stuffingcan still be enjoyed by any age group. It’s an iconic food side dish that you cannot haveThanksgiving without.So many people answered pie when they were asked what their favorite Thanksgivingfood was. The best part about pie is that there are endless flavors and options to fit any person

with different tastes. Isabelle Jorgensen said she also loved pie as well as rolls, and specifically,
pumpkin pie. Angee Gardiner said she loves apple pie, and Brynlee Beckstrand loves chocolatecreme. The many different pies brought to the table are a must have at the Thanksgiving feast,and it’s so fun to see everyone’s flavors and to take a bit out of each and every one.Thanksgiving is an awesome holiday full of delicious food that everyone can enjoy. Fullof mashed and funeral potatoes, rolls, pies, and stuffing, Thanksgiving is a feast you can’t skipthat brings family and friends together from all over to catch up and enjoy lots of deliciousfoods with one another. And, of course, the most popular food at Thanksgiving that has yet tobe mentioned, turkey was voted the most popular Thanksgiving food!