Most Anticipated Albums of 2024

Most Anticipated Albums of 2024

Most Anticipated Albums of 2024

As we leave 2023 and enter 2024, there are many things to be excited about. One thing that many peopleare excited about is music. Many artists are releasing albums this year. There are a lot of very anticipatedalbums, and many lesser-known artists are also releasing albums. One thing is for sure though, 2024, willbe a good year for music.A ton of music is slated to release in 2024. Jennifer Lopez is set to make her return to the musicscene with her first album since 2014 titled This Is Me… Now. Usher, who hasn’t released any music infive years, is also planning to release a long-awaited LP.Artists are known to pull or postpone projects. For example, Nicki Minaj’s highly anticipatedalbum, her first in almost 5 years, was slated to release November 17th, 2023, but did not release untilDecember 8th of 2023. Pop phenom Dua Lipa released the lead single, “Houdini” for her 4th studio album,which does not have a title or release date as of January 14th, 2024.While the world awaits details on albums from their favorite artists, here are some of the mostanticipated albums that are slated to release in 2024.Orquideas-Kali Uchis (Jan. 12)Kali Uchis’ last album, Red Moon in Venus, a soft, chill album that draws listeners in, was one ofthe top albums of 2023. Getting another full-length studio album is welcoming from the Columbiansinger. Orquideas will be her second, all Spanish speaking album and it is due to be one of the highest-ranking albums of 2024. The lead single, “Munekita”, was a top chart song which completelyencapsulates the vibe of the album. With features from El Alfa and JT from the rap duo City Girls.Saviors-Green Day (Jan. 19)Green day is starting out the year strong with their 14th full-length album since 2020 and it is wellanticipated. Saviors is already extremely hyped and long-time fans are excited to hear their final album.The beloved punk-rock band began the album rollout with the lead single, “The American Dream isKilling Me” and has since released two more tracks being “Look Ma, No Brains!” and “Dilemma”. Astadium tour is also set for Green Day, making more than 25 stops across North America with openingartists such as The Smashing Pumpkins and The Linda Lindas.All is Yellow– Lyrical Lemonade (Jan. 26)Lyrical Lemonade is releasing their first full length LP titled All is Yellow. This is especiallyexciting because the lead single “Doomsday” featuring Cordae and Juice WRLD, was a chart-toppingsong with incredible performances from both artists. Though it did not win any awards, the song was oneof the best songs to release in 2023 and this makes the album seem to be an incredibly good album. Thisalbum has been teased for a long time. The creator of Lyrical Lemonade and videographer, Cole Bennet,has featured many yellow curtains, which also happens to be the album cover of All is Yellow, in many ofhis music videos.Coming Home-Usher (Feb. 11)Usher has a lot to look forward to in the year 2024. Not only is Usher taking the stage at SuperBowl LVIII halftime show, but on the exact same day, Usher is releasing his ninth studio album, ComingHome. His recent single, “Good Good” featuring R&B and rap features from Summer Walker and 21Savage, was praised in 2023, but Usher got loads of Internet attention this year after he got Keke Palmer

to star in the music video for his song, “Boyfriend”. The R&B singer has ruled the game for so long so itis definitely exciting to see what his new album will bring to the music scene.

This Is Me…Now– Jennifer Lopez (Feb. 16)The last time Jennifer Lopez released an album was in 2014 and a lot has happened since then.She was engaged to Alex Rodriquez, a baseball player, and then they broke up in 2021. In 2022, she gotback together with actor Ben Affleck who served as the main inspiration for Jennifer Lopez’s 2002album, This Is Me…Then. Now that she is back with Affleck, she is releasing a sequel to the album titledThis Is Me… Now. The new album will be released alongside a film of the same name on Amazon Prime.I Am Music– Playboi Carti (TBA)Carti has been teasing his third studio album, I Am Music with a surprisingly smooth rollout ofsingles and music videos, including the Travis Scott-assisted “Backrooms” which dropped on New Year’sDay. So far, his new sound appears to depart from the aesthetic he launched with his 2020 album WholeLotta Red, aligning more with the early 2000’s resurgence in the air. Though not much is known aboutthis album, we do know that there will in fact be a Playboi Carti album coming out in 2024.Don’t Be Dumb-A$AP Rocky (TBA)The long-awaited follow-up to A$AP Rocky’s 2018 album Pressing has supposedly been in theworks for several years. He dropped the lead single “Our De$tiny” featuring Playboi Carti, with beatsfrom the New York producer Evilgiane, as well as the single “D.M.B”, standing for Don’t Be Dumb, thesupposed name for his next album. The 35-year-old rapper has become a father since the last time hereleased, and maybe this album will give us a peak into the fatherhood life of the rapper. Perhaps he willfollow the trend of rap’s other recent dads and share a verse with his son RZA.With the year still young, many of these albums could be delayed, released early, cancelled, oranything else could happen and these albums could be scrapped and not released. Keep in mind that a fewof these album’s information is based off of rumors. Though only a few mentioned, many albums arebeing released in 2024, all with new and exciting things to offer to the musical world.