Favorite Meals Made by My Mother
Brooklynn Hixon, Journalist • April 25, 2024
Stop Vaping
Julia Adams, Journalist • April 25, 2024
Top 10 Day Date Ideas
Bella Edwards, Journalist • April 23, 2024
The Unheard Voices of MMIW
Brooklynn Hixon, Journalist • April 22, 2024

The Boston Red Sox

The Boston Red Sox
The Boston Red sox are one of the oldest, and most knownfranchises in all of baseball. They were established in 1901 and havebeen in the American league of the MLB ever since. They play theirhome games at Fenway Park, which is the oldest most loved stadiumout there. They have won 9 world series titles throughout their time.Their first came in 1903. Their latest win was 2018. There was an 86year drought from them winning the world series that was ended in2004. This drought was referred from the curse of the bambino. Thered sox had the great babe ruth before the Yankees did, but aftertrading him away to New York nothing seemed to go right for manyyears.Throughout history the Red Sox have had some major playersapart of their organization. Some of which are considered within thetop few to ever live. One of these is the great “Ted the Kid” or TedWilliams. Over his career he hit .345 and had 521 home runs. He didthis even though he had to miss multiple seasons because he fought in

World War two. He made the guys of his time look like garbage. He wasbetter then even other hall of famers of that period that didn’t leave tofight the war. If we dive deep into the stats, he is a top 3 hitter of alltime. There are many other key players the red sox have hadthroughout time. Some of these are Carl Yastrzemski, Manny Ramirez,Pedro Martinez, David Ortiz, and Nomar Garciaparra. All these guysmade massive impacts on the game during their time.The Sox have a very large and dedicated fan base. The fans areknown for their cheers and things they shout at every game. They singthe song “Sweet Caroline” every 8th inning. There are many seasonticket holders who have passed down their seats from generation togeneration since the park opened. The red sox are also involved withmany things off the field as well. They donate time and money to beapart of “The Jimmy Fund”. This is a charity that raises funds for cancertreatment at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.The last key thing in Boston’s franchise would be the Red Sox andYankees rivalry. This is often described as one of the largest rivalries insports. Both franchises have been around since the beginning of theMLB. They have been rivals ever since. When the teams meet it is oftenhighly anticipated, and always heated. There is definitely drama thatwill come with their series’. There has been fights and brawlsthroughout the years between these two. The videos of these brawls isvery interesting to watch. It mainly comes down to pride, but as well italso is just about winning. Either of these teams never wants to bebettered by the other. We all know deep down the Red Sox have andalways done it better though.