Best Rom Coms!!!

Best Rom Coms to Exist

Rom coms have been very popular for a long time. I think most people would agree thatthe best rom coms were created in the 1990’s and early 2000s. Many more have been madesince then, but the classics are the best. This is what I believe to be the top 12 romanticcomedies to ever exist (not in order).10 Things I hate About YouThis movie is probably one of the most popular rom coms out there. It is about two sisters; oneis beautiful and popular; the other is pretty abrasive. The younger sister (Bianca) can’t dateuntil Kat does. Bianca and a few others set Kat up with a new boy. Will Kat let her guard downand fall for him? This movie is a great teenage rom com that shows the complexity ofrelationships.How to Lose a Guy in 10 DaysThis is one of my favorites. Andie Anderson is an advice columnist who is writing a piece on howyou can get a guy to leave you in 10 days. She goes out trying to find a man to test this on andmeets Ben. Ben believes that he can make a woman fall in love with him in just 10 days. Andietries to get Ben to leave her, while he is doing the opposite and trying to prove he can make herfall for him. This movie is a super fun watch with a great storyline.13 going on 30This movie is about an unpopular teenage girl that wants a boyfriend and can’t wait until shegrows up. Overnight, her wish comes true! She is now an adult and has to deal with adultproblems. She is a fashion magazine editor and has to deal with the struggles of that, along withher boy problems. This movie is fun and lighthearted. It shows that becoming an adult is agradual process and you learn along the way.She’s the ManViola Johnson is a girl who just wants to play soccer. She poses as her twin brother at aboarding school and pretends to be a boy. She ends up falling for her roommate, Duke, whofalls for Olivia. Olivia falls in love with Sebastian (Viola pretending to be a boy)! The showfollows Viola/Sebastian and shows what she does to fix this predicament. This show is hilarious.I think watching Viola try to keep her cover and pretend to be a boy is so entertaining. Everyoneneeds to watch this at least once in their life.Mamma Mia

Donna runs a hotel on a Greek island and is preparing for her daughter’s wedding day, alongwith her two best friends. Sophie, the bride, secretly invites three men from her mother’s pastin hopes to figure out who her father is. This movie is a classic. It has a great soundtrack, andthe characters are so fun to watch. If you love this film, good chances are you will love theprequel! Many fans even think it is better, but that is up to you to decide!CluelessThis movie follows Cher, a rich and socially successful teenager at Beverly Hills high school. Sheconsiders herself a matchmaker and helps two teachers fall in love. After this success, thedecides to take Tai, the klutzy new girl, and give her a makeover. Tai becomes more popularthan her, and she realizes her mistakes. Her ex-stepbrother helps her, and she ends up fallingfor him. This movie is iconic. This movie is a fan favorite for a reason!Love RosieI just recently watched this for the first time, and I was not disappointed. Rosie and Alex werebest friends. When Alex moves from Dublin to America, their friendship is put to the test. Thismovie has a lot of right person-wrong time. They gamble everything for true love, but is it evergoing to work out? I found this movie unpredictable. I knew in the end the main character wasgoing to fall in love, like in all rom coms, but the parts in between were unexpected. It had meon the edge of my seat waiting for her to finally get what she wanted.Dear JohnJohn Tyree (Channing Tatum) is home on leave from the military. He meets a beautiful collegegirl, and they fall in love. For the next 7 years they are separated while John is deployed. Theytry to keep in touch via letters, but is that enough? This movie is beautifully written. Although itis more of a romance film than a rom com, I still wanted to put it here. It is a good movie thatdeserves recognition.Anyone But YouThis movie just recently came out. Although it isn’t a classic 2000’s rom com, I still found itreally good. Bea and Ben have a really good first date, but their relationship quickly turns sour.They find themselves at a destination wedding and have to pretend to be the perfect couple, sothe wedding isn’t ruined. This movie is more modern than the other rom coms I’ve listed, but itis still a fun watch.The ProposalBook editor Margarat Tate is close to being deported back to Canada. She gets her assistant,Andrew, to agree to pretend they are married. He says she needs to go with him to Alaska tomeet his family. An immigration official is always lurking nearby, so they need to keep thecharade and stick to their wedding plan. Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds are such goodactors and make the movie great. If you haven’t seen this movie already, go watch it!

She’s all That
Zach is envied by everyone around him. When his cheerleader girlfriend breaks up with him, hispopularity drops. Desperate to regain his popularity, he takes on the challenge of making LaneyBoggs, the nerdy outcast, the next prom queen. This is a great coming of age movie. Although itis predictable, it is still a great watch.Love ActuallyThis movie is a well-known rom com taking place during the Christmas season. It follows 9intertwined stories and shows that love is everywhere. This movie is good at showing all thedifferent ways we love and how love actually is all around. This movie has many characters andcan get confusing, but if you understand the plot line it is a good movie.