Depression
Julia Adams, Journalist • May 15, 2024

Best College Degrees

Best College Degrees

College is where some of the most important decisions in your life will be made. You want to make sure you do your best to chose the right options. So this article is gonna guide you to which major to chose in college.

Civil Engineering

Civil engineering is a highly popular major while starting out in college. The great thing about civil engineering is that it has a wide verity of knowledge. A starting career for civil is $67,000, and a mid-career high of 114,000 per year. Even though the starting salary is not very high this major leads to plenty of different opportunities. Civil engineers design construction of airports, sewer systems, and other large projects. The median pay is 83,000 dollars per year.

Computer Engineering

Computer engineering is known to have one of the highest starting salaries out of any major. Computer engineering is not any easy major but is very much so worth it. Computer engineers design, develop, and improve computer systems. Computer engineers, cybersecurity professionals, and systems analyst make up the second largest category of tech jobs. One thing that computer engineers do is combine electrical engineering and computer science to make new and improved technology. But be prepared for a very high in math and science schedule.

Electrical Engineering

Electrical engineering is one of the most important and highest demand out of any major. The world and its growth depends on people who can design and improve electronic devices. Electrical engineering also has a very high starting salary at $77,000 per year. The course and education is very similar to that of computer engineering. Some of the main courses that you will take are classes such as circuit analysis and design, digital systems, and electrical components. After graduating with this degree, you should have no problems finding a very well paying job.

Business Majors

A business major is one of the most overall useful majors in college. A major in business will provide you with the knowledge and understanding of how a business runs, economy, political, ethical, and legal issues. The Business major will give you knowledge that an employer wants, as well as skills that can be used across a wide range of industries and roles. It will also make it possible for you to actually put your education to use in many of different fields.

Nursing

Nursing is one of the majors that is almost forgot about sometimes. Nursing is a great career and environment to work in. You will be required to become an RN, in which you will learn anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology. RN’s can then further pursue higher roles and or advanced degrees to reach a higher salary. The current Mid-Range salary for nursing is $90,000 per year.

Architecture

Architecture is one of the best and most used majors, Architects and always needed. When studying this major you will expect to learn designing and planning built environments. You will also learn history and theory, Graduates of Architecture will have learned how to model make and drafting. It requires very high critical thinking and problem solving skills. Architects get paid very well. This is one of the highest paying majors someone can get. The mid-range salary is $130,000.