Davis High School accomplishing fantastic achievements

Landon LeBaron, Reporter

As a reminder, when you’re at a terrific school like Davis High, there are so many things to be happy for. Bryson Williams and Savannah Barclay are two students that talk about what being a Davis Dart is all about.

“Being a part of Davis High School means to be involved in the extracurricular activities and defend the tradition,” Barclay said.

Davis High has many achievements in athletics. For example, a basketball championship title in 2002, a football state championship title in 2004, and 14  Track and Field state championship titles since 1941. In 2013, our school became the winningest high school football team in the state of Utah.

“To be the part at Davis High means to do best I can and help all of those around me,” Williams said.

Also, there’s the marching band. Having gone to the Rose Parade in Pasadena, California in 2003 and 2013, and has been to a “Bands of America” in 2000, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011.

“Be a good student and defend the tradition.” Williams said.

Our school has notable alumni such as Bernard Francis Fisher who was the first living member of the United States Air Force to receive the Medal of Honor, Calvin L. Rampton who was the 11th governor of Utah, Rob Bishop who is a Republican member in the U.S. house of representatives, Jill Stevens who was Miss Utah in 2007, and Nolan Bushnell who is the Co-founder of Atari and also help developed the world renowned arcade game Pong. There are clubs, organizations, teams and lots more, and Davis is equipped with great resources and faculty to help with it. Defending the tradition, working hard, and having fun is what our school is all about.