Sterling Scholars advance to region

These+selected+seniors+are+Sterling+Scholars+in+their+specific+categories+for+Davis+High+School+this+year.+

These selected seniors are Sterling Scholars in their specific categories for Davis High School this year.

Ella Johnson, Website Editor

Excited anticipation filled the air as the Sterling Scholar region finalists waited to hear if they would be given the region winner title. Fifteen finalists were selected in each category across the Wasatch front, and, from these finalists, one was chosen as the category winner and two as runners-up.

Three seniors from Davis advanced through the Sterling Scholar program and were region finalists: Hannah Wilkinson for vocal performance, Emily Abel for English, and Isaac Froisland for Skilled and Technical Sciences Education.

“I was honored to be sitting on the stage with the winners,” said Emily Abel. “All of them are such amazing students and members of our community.”

Although no Davis High students are continuing past region, the sterling scholars still found participating worthwhile.

Abel said, “I’m glad the Sterling Scholar organization is available to give these kids the recognition they deserve. Overall, it was a wonderful experience that made me appreciate education in America.”