Teachers reward students with pancakes for earning money for LLS

Riley Stam, Reporter

The whole school is raising funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society, with various teachers promising some kind of reward if they earn a certain amount of money. A few of the teachers in the 2500 hall decided to up the game and promise a pancake party if each class earned enough money

“We decided that if each class earned two hundred and fifty dollars, that’s about thirteen hundred dollars, they would get a pancake party,” Ms. Whitlock said.

The students did so well and reached that goal, that the teachers decided to promise a little extra if the students would earn more.

“We told them that their pancakes came with a plate, a fork, and syrup, and if they wanted anything extra, than they would have to earn more money,” Ms. Whitlock stated.

Students would get powdered sugar if they earned one thousand six hundred dollars, jam if they reached one-thousand eight hundred, peanut butter if they earned two thousand dollars, as well as strawberries if they earned two-thousand two hundred dollars. And finally if they reached two thousand five hundred dollars, they would get whipped cream.

“The student already have strawberries,” Ms. Whitlock said, “We are hoping that by the end of the week they will have enough for whipped cream.”

The pancake party for the 2500 hall will be taking place on May 20th and 21st for the classes in the 2500 hall that are participating.