Students ask to dances creatively

Conner Fox

Leilani Gastelum, Reporter

High school dances are a big part of the high school experience. Many students make dances a high priority in their lives. It all starts with the one proposal, one question, that students ask one another all year long: “Will you go to the dance with me?”

There are many different  options to asking to a dance, yet sometimes it take hours for students to find out the perfect way to ask.

“You can either be creative and go along with the theme of the dance, so like Halloween, and you ask Halloweenish or just like super cute stuff” said Senior, Blaire Arnold.

Asking to a dance can take some time and take specific steps:

“So first you have to decided who you’re gonna ask, and then when you do that you gotta come up with some cute fun idea to match that person and then you ask. Just do it.”  Said Senior, Caton Weinberger.

Some students even take it upon themselves to ask as early as possible. Which may begin to cause problems with in the student body.

“I know like a lot of people ask before dances are even done, and I think that [it’s] kind of inconsiderate to their date, you’re just saying ‘I’m more excited about this [next] dance, than I am with this one.’” Said Arnold.

Other students disagree and believe that sometimes it’s something you have to do.

“I think, they’re just doing what they have to do in a tough world you know” said Weinberger.

With so many different opinions about how asking to a dance should go, students have the freedom to choose upon themselves what they think is right or wrong with asking to a dance.