College Con Offers Great Opportunities for Students

Bentley Holley

Natalie Lott, News Editor

Every year seniors graduate knowing they want to go to college but not knowing what they want to do when they get there. Choosing a major is a challenge. CollegeCon knows this that is the reason the founder Amanda Grow was inspired to start this event. College representatives, educated speakers, and inspiring keynotes brings a change to ask questions and start planning for your future.

“Students can expect to be really inspired, our opening keynote session has some really exciting speakers in it,” Grow said.

One of these presenters is Jacob Hansen, an 18 year old attending BYU. He also is an accomplished public speaker, having his own mentorship program called Lionheart. Before he found his big dream he too attended events like CollegeCon.

“So before I figured out what my big dream was and before I figured out what I wanted to do with my life I went to lots of talks, lots of seminars, lots of workshops,” Hansen said.

This year CollegeCon is introducing an Ask Me program. The purpose here is to teach students how to ask questions, and the importance these questions can play when setting up your future.

“The more questions you have the more control you can take over your future,” Grow said.

CollegeCon will be March 18, 8:30 to 2:30 at the auditorium and the commons. The event is free but students and parents must register beforehand, this can be done at utahcollegecom.com or at the event.