Northridge Learning Packets Popular Option for Graduating Seniors

Each year near the end of the school year, there are always seniors scrambling to complete required credit to graduate.  Some students do not even realize that they are missing it, but that’s where counselors come in handy.

“You just have to go to the Northridge learning center which is not part of Northridge high school.  Lot’s of people go over there and they get in trouble with the high school because they go to the wrong place, but pick up the packet, you finish the packet, you take it back to them, they will grade it, you take a test and you get the credit,” counselor Alan Porter said.

As it turns out, there is an alternative to traditional classes for completing high school credit.  For a student missing credit, this is good news. However some students plan in advance when they realize they will be missing credit.

“I took the packets because I didn’t have room my junior year, and I needed the credit to graduate… The packets are pretty easy, you just have to fill out the packet information and take a test at the end,” senior Ben Bohman said.

If you’re a senior at the end of the year who does not have all the credits required to graduate, don’t be discouraged, pick up a packet today at Layton Center (Main)2405 N Hillfield Rd. Ste, A Layton, UT 84041. The office hours are Monday to Friday from 9am-6pm.

“I’m really glad I took my packets, because it freed up time in my life to do the things I wanted to do, they were really easy and it’s going to allow me to graduate,” senior Zach Moncur said.