Lunch Time Madness

Milena Hill, Reporter

As soon as that lunch bell rings students rush out of their classrooms making their way to the school parking lot as fast as they can. Honking horns, slamming brakes, loud music, curse words, and rushed movements. All leading the way to car accidents.

“Cars are getting either wrecked or damaged. People need to start paying more attention to their surroundings, “Junior Meagan Sullenger said.

One of the biggest reasons students are in such a rush to get out of the parking lot is because there is such little time for lunch. Since people are in such a rush, their focus is set on getting out as fast as they can. People tend to forget about all of their surroundings.

Not only is this happening when people are leaving for lunch, but also returning. There is such a rush to get back as well, trying to find a good parking spot and being back on time.

“I was sitting in my car, when a car rushed into the parking spot next to me and scraped the whole side of my car. I didn’t think anything like that would happen to me, but it did,” Sullenger said.

Students need to pay more attention to their surroundings and focus more on getting out safely than getting out speedy.

“It all comes down to being patient, being courteous, and being a good driver,” Officer Wilko said.