Seniors Look Forward to End of Year

Bentley Holley

Milena Hill, Reporter

With every school year comes a new graduating class. Full of different teenagers coming from different backgrounds and experiences from high school. Some can’t wait to get out of school and just start their life; whereas others wish they could hold on to high school forever.

“It’s been really bittersweet, I’ll be honest. I know a lot of people say they hate high school, but I actually love high school. I love being with my friends all the time, and the teachers I have had, have all been so much fun. It’s just kind of weird having to move on and be on my own,” Senior Bailey Whitaker said.

For many teenagers coming into their senior year they think they already know who they are, who they want to be, and where they want to go in life. But then they hit this this type of crisis where everything they thought they knew goes blank. Not knowing where they really stand.

“You hit teenage crisis, you don’t know who you are anymore; and you’re heading off to college and you don’t know what’s going to happen. So you kinda just get confused. You get senioritis and it’s just a downward spiral from there,” Senior Chase Gray said.

A lot of the seniors try to get over it by simply “just living it up, it’s your last year; have fun don’t worry too much,” Whitaker said.

Although this can help and push the thoughts of going into adulthood to the side, there is still the fear of not being a kid anymore and not having a parent around to rely on 24/7. But for some students this is something they’re excited about.

“I’ve always wanted to be an adult. Just because I don’t like the playfulness as much with being a child; I like to be able to have people listen to me and understand what I am saying,” even if that is the case, there is still the realization of being an adult, “Now that I’m realizing kinda the different things you have to be phased with it’s a little daunting,” Gray said.

Even though this is their last year and there is a lot that they have to realize and face; they’re still kids for the time being, trying to live in the moment before they leave this place and prepare for the new life that is to come for them.