Favorite Meals Made by My Mother
Brooklynn Hixon, Journalist • April 25, 2024
Stop Vaping
Julia Adams, Journalist • April 25, 2024
Top 10 Day Date Ideas
Bella Edwards, Journalist • April 23, 2024
The Unheard Voices of MMIW
Brooklynn Hixon, Journalist • April 22, 2024

Davis Football

Davis+Football

Undefeated in region

The Davis Darts are off to an amazing start being 4-0 in region and only having one loss
to the new 6A Lehi Pioneers losing 28-14 at home. The Darts have won 8 Games straight
blowing out all teams except, Layton and Farmington who made it a close game. The closest
team in region is the Syracuse Titans, Having a 7-2 Record and being 3-1 in region, which there
only loss was to weber losing 27-26 this game was huge for the Darts because them having one
loss to a team that we have already beat makes the final game against Syracuse a tie in region if
they beat us even if Titans win on Thursday night the darts will still share the region title for by
way of having the same record.

The Team up North

Davis big rival has always been the Layton Lancers because this is the closest school to them. The Layton Lancers have always had a good football team, this year the team has gone
downhill at a very fast pace being the worst team in the region. They are 0-8 losing to the Titans
45-0 this week giving them their worst loss of the season. When the Darts headed to play them
last week something switched up and the whole game it was close the darts were leading at
halftime with a 17-7 early in the third quarter the lancers scored making the score 17-14 having
Davis with almost the opposite record of them this was to close for comfort. Davis ended up
pulling the game out scoring two touchdowns in the fourth quarter it and finished the lancers
off 31-21.

Team Down South
Recently Farmington was added making a rivalry with a team that taking the kids who
would be going to Davis. This created a tradition of fighting for the chain every year when the
Darts and the Phoenix go head to head they are fighting for something bigger the chain which is
half spray painted gold and half spray painted teal the wining team every gets to keep it until
the next time they play in the season. Farmington as well a powerhouse who made it to the
Semi finals of last years playoffs hasn’t looked great having a record of 1-7 loosing to ever team
except the 0-8 Lancers.
Davis Vs. Farmington
After the Darts just had a close call with Layton, Farmington knew they had a chance to
defeat the Darts winning back the Chain the whole game was close with Farmington having
many breakouts plays their quarterback Easton Wright having 42 rushing yards going 19/23
having a highlight game for his career. Davis Quarterback Tradon Bessinger, who is a
sophomore, went 28/38 and having 18 rushing yards. The game was a battle for both teams all
the way through having everyone thinking the darts would blow the Phoenix out of the water
that didn’t exactly happen. At the end of the first quarter the game was tied 7-7 right after the
quarter Farmington was quick to score and making the lead, they would go on to outscore Davis
21-7 in that quarter making the score 28-14 for them going into half. This was a new feeling for
the darts being down at half time especially to a team whose record didn’t make up for it. In
the third quarter both teams held each other only 3 points scored the whole quarter by the
darts kicker Finn Garf from 35 yards out making the score 17-28 for the Phoenix. Davis trailing
late in the 4th the darts traveled down the field Bessinger threw a great pass to Tyson Baggett a
sophomore for the touchdown and completing the 2 pt conversion. Later in the game it all
came to one last drive after the darts were down 28-35 after Farmington turned the ball over to
the darts with short time Tradon Bessinger drove down and the darts Owen Talbot ran the ball
in from the one yard line with Owen on fire they went for two with the game on the line we get
it we win the game if the Darts don’t they loose and Talbot ran up the middle once again and
got the score Giving the darts the lead for the first time in the game with 8 seconds in the 4th
quarter the Darts would end up winning the game 36-35 beating there rivals for the second
time in a row and keeping the chain.

How the players feel
The first player that we interviewed was Garret Darger who is a Sr this year. We asked
him what changed in the first to second half for you guys to pull out those wins against Layton
and Farmington “We realized we weren’t playing to are full potential we were playing down to
them because they are worse teams and we need to play to are ability and take over and we
did” we also asked him What are we going to improve for our game Thursday against the
second best in the region Syracuse. “We need to improve overall team work get are stuff
together and let them make the mistakes”. The next player that we interviewed was Boston
Maryhew #51 who is DL we also asked him what the team needs to do in order to be ready for
the toughest opponent so far. “We have stepped up in practice we have to be physically ready
for them and know that this is a tough team but we are tougher and we can beat them” Next
question what gets you ready before the game “We are just getting are mind rights
remembering what we have practiced throughout the week and what we are capable of” #4
McCoy Frazier Safety we asked him what changed in the second half of the Farmington game to
pull out the win “Our ability to get stops on the defensive side and turn it around and let the
offense do what they do” How do you get ready before a big game “Listen to music and watch
film getting mentally prepared for it.”