Favorite Meals Made by My Mother
Brooklynn Hixon, Journalist • April 25, 2024
Stop Vaping
Julia Adams, Journalist • April 25, 2024
Top 10 Day Date Ideas
Bella Edwards, Journalist • April 23, 2024
The Unheard Voices of MMIW
Brooklynn Hixon, Journalist • April 22, 2024

Noah Kahan Top Songs

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.macrumors.com%2Fguide%2Fapple-music%2F
Joe Quillen

Noah Kahan was born on January 1st, 1997, in Strafford Vermont. Noah started to sing
and write music at the age of 8, he released music on SoundCloud and YouTube. Struggling with
depression and anxiety all his life Noah has always felt as though he is missing something that
others have, like a spark, and through music he was able to find that. People all around the world
have wanted more, more of his music and all the relatable lyrics, and his folky upbeat tempo.

Here are the most popular ones:
From his most recent album “Stick Season (We’ll All Be Here Forever)” he released one
of the best, most popular song of his too this day, “Come Over”. For 3 minutes Noah tells a story
of reflection on past insecurities and loneliness, maybe as a kid or even a teenager. In the first
verse he begins the song by saying, “And my house was designed to kinda look like it’s cryin’.
The eyes are the windows the garage is the mouth.” Hearing this could mean multiple things, for
many, it seems he’s describing himself, how whenever you see him it always appears he’s crying.
That even as he learns and growing the same layout appears on his house(body). In the next line
he goes on to say, “So when they mention the sad kid in a sad house on Balch Street, you won’t
have to guess who they’re speaking’ about. Come over.” Referring to himself as a sad kid inside
of the sad house shows that he feels a disconnect between him as a person and the body he lives
in. When asking someone to ‘Come over’ so many times within the song it begins to feel as
though he’s begging. Begging for someone to give him a chance, even though on the outside it
appears to be “Covered in cobwebs and overcrowded.” But he goes to explain that even though
its small and hard to fit all his loved ones in, it’s still safe and comforting, it’s still his home.
Sounding more and more desperate for friends, and a happier childhood he sings, “I know that it
ain’t much, I know that it ain’t cool. Oh, you don’t have to tell the other kids at school. Someday
I’m gonna be somebody people want.” This takes him back to some childhood burdens and
traumas where he was afraid of what people would say about him, and how he never quite felt
safe. Assuming that kids were mean to him this could be a way of his past self-trying to make
friends. With many teenagers struggling to make friends and to appear ‘cool’ it’s safe to say that
many can relate to this soft plea of a song.

In 2020, Noah released his EP, “Cape Elizabeth”. On this EP Noah was able to put his
heart and soul into the songs, making a story that flowed from “Glue Myself Shut” to “Maine”.
Following a young couple through these songs we can see them work hard and continue to learn
and communicate, then completely fall apart. “Maine “completely embodies the fact that
someone you once loved and knew everything about is simply a stranger now. In the beginning
of the song, he addresses her as “Lover” which is a reference how he still hasn’t accepted that
they’ve moved on from each other, because he’s still living in the past. Continuing, he begins to
ask questions, questions about whether she’s found herself, and if she’s lost her love for the
ocean, because he knew how much it meant to her. “I miss this place your head and your heart.
And my dad still tells me when they’re playing your songs.” Feeling the loneliness in the
relationship he begins to tell her how much he hates all the change taking place, and how he
remembers laughing in the car together, hearing her favorite songs play. As the song keeps
progressing, he begins to accept that she’s not coming back, and wonders if she can still hear the
songs they have sung together from the subway. “And I hope that we make you proud. Cause this
towns just an ocean now.”

“False Confidence”, one song from 2019 album “Busyhead” that blew up once released is
one for the books. Talking about the struggle with insecurities and his confidence really got to
him throughout the song allowed many to relate quickly to his lyrics. With all the beauty
standards taking place in this time, for a lot of people it’s hard to recognize when the mask we
put on is fake. And once you realize that everyone is wearing a mask just like you, it becomes
easier to remove it over time. “Look at you all dressed up for someone you never see” Is pointing
out the obvious. Why try to appear put together when you don’t even know the people your
around? With school many teenagers feel the need to dress the coolest, and if not the feat of
getting made fun of takes over. When the chorus begins Noah sings, “And I wonder why I tear
myself down to be built back up again. All that’s left of myself, holes in my false confidence.”
Piece by piece people all over are ripping themselves apart over the littlest things, that others
don’t notice, only you do. Building and rebuilding to make others like you is just another way for
you to lose yourself so when you do finally break, what’s left besides empty space. Trying to
lighten the mood and encourage confidence Noah says, “Don’t let those demons in again. I fill
the void up with polished doubt, fake sentiments.” A reference to his struggle with depression he
notes that the more you fill holes with more empty things the more it’s going to allow cracks.
Cracks in the wall built to keep out both mental and physical demons. Having written a song
about something almost everyone has gone through makes it one of the top Noah Kahan songs.
Considering Noah Kahan is such a diverse artist with his topics, he continues to write hit
songs repeatedly. From a few of my favorites being, “Come Over, “Maine”, and “False
Confidence” it is clear to see that he loves what he does. Noah is truly able to express his love
for music even from a young age and continues to put the same amount of love and effort into
each song to this day. Considering all he’s been through Noah truly is a remarkable artist and
person that people from all around the world can connect to and love.