The Smog

The Smog
The Smog is a local band from Utah. The band is made up of Juniors from Davis High
School. Members of the Smog include George Hickman, as the lead singer and rhythm guitar
player; Tate Archibald as the drummer; Jett Puffer as the bass guitarist; Isaiah Brough on lead
guitar; and Saige Whitehead also on lead guitar. The Smog mainly creates music using the great
and unique sound of Indie Rock.

The Smog band was formed in late 2022. In the beginning, the band consisted of Jett,
Tate, Isaiah, and George. Sage joined the band later in the summer of 2023. They have created
an assortment of original songs during many of their practices together. The Smog has also had
many forms of live performances in the past year. The band has accounts on many streaming
services under the name “The Smog” and also has an Instagram account called “@the_smog-
band” which posts updates about the band and pictures from live shows.
Besides their assortment of original songs, The Smog also plays covers for many
different bands when they perform live. They only have one song out on streaming services but
are hoping to release more music in the near future. Right now, they have a bunch of songs that
are played live and more new ones that are revealed at each performance. The Smog has an
album in the works that is supposed to be dropping in the next few months. This album is mostly
done and only needs a few more months of work until it is complete.

Throughout the last year, The Smog has had multiple live performances and shows. They
performed at the Davis High School talent show last year. They also have held live performances
with other local bands. Some of these bands include Green House, CAYSN, Ethan Jones,
Bonneville, Bleacher Babe, and more. These shows were held in a few different locations
including the Beehive in Salt Lake City, the Layton Amphitheater, and Jimmy’s Garage. Most of
these performances are held at Jimmy’s Garage (Jett's driveway).
The Smog’s music is a unique style of Indie Rock. It is defined by catchy vocals and
heartfelt lyrics delivered by George. Long drawn-out riffs with tons of reverb are delivered
perfectly by Sage and Isaiah. Jett’s base lines, along with Tate's drum patterns, combine to form
a catchy rhythmic flow to the songs. All of this comes together to define many of The Smog’s
songs.

The Smog's original work shows how dedicated they are to making music. Each of their
songs is unique and new. The Smog’s unique sound defines their work. They mainly portray
songs filled with fun and heartfelt lyrics with their instruments prominent in the sound
throughout. A lot of their live performances have songs with solos to the many instrument parts
that give fans a chance to hear all of the unique members.
The Smog is participating in a live show this month. The show will be held on October
31st, Halloween day. It will take place at 412 S. Angel St. Kaysville Utah at 4:00 pm. This show
is a driveway performance along with a few other bands. Right now, these bands include The
Smog themselves, Green House, Porter Petit, Teddy Picker, Between Mountains, The Attic, and
Bread Box.

Live performances for The Smog are a fun and exciting event. You are able to get super
close to the band and see how they work together to make their sound. Pine Tree, the only song
out on streaming services at the moment always causes the crowds to go wild and sing along to
it. The Smog chooses to play many different covers of both popular and well-known songs alike.
This adds more familiarity for new fans that they can sing along to. The band also plays many of
their unreleased songs. Some of these are hype songs that the crowd can bounce along to. Others
are heartfelt and emotional songs that provoke the feelings they are portraying in those listening.
Today, music is dominated by mainstream artists making it hard for smaller groups to be
heard. Streaming services often play only these big artists without advertising the smaller ones.
The Smog is well-known locally to the Davis High community. They have branched out by
collaborating with other local musicians, which has helped them become more well known. They
hope to continue to grow and become more known as a band.

The future of The Smog band is bright and promising. With their unique sound and
strong bonds with their fans, they could rise to fame. As The Smog continues to grow together
and increase their catalog of songs, they will boost their popularity. With each new song and live
performance, they can improve their sound and grow as a band. The Smog has the potential to
grow in popularity and become a well-known band locally and even worldwide.
When asked what his favorite part about being a member of The Smog is, Tate
Archibald, the drummer for the band, said “I really love going to concerts. It had always been my
dream to play with a band in front of people and I can now.” This is an example of The Smog’s
dedication to their music. The band cares a lot about its songs and performances.
The Indie band, The Smog, local to Utah is defined by their unique sound to rock music.
They are also defined by the sound of each individual member which all come together to
produce their unique sound used throughout The Smog’s music. The many energetic live
performances also show what the band is about. The Smog’s dedication and love for its fans is
another thing that the band is great at. They show love for all of their fans. If The Smog
continues to uphold these defining features, they can rise and become more well-known.
Attending The Smog’s many live performances is a must if you enjoy rock music and a fun and
energetic show. Overall, The Smog is a cool and unique local band the you should definitely
check out.