The NFL Draft
Jordan Taula, Journalist • May 2, 2024
Please Sleep
Julia Adams, Journalist • May 2, 2024
Best College Degrees
Zeke Richardson, Journalist • May 2, 2024

Thanksgiving Celebrations

Thanksgiving+Celebrations

Thanksgiving Celebrations 

Thanksgiving is a very well celebrated holiday it has many places it is about all the things that we are thankful for. In many homes people eat turkey for there main dish. Many families celebrate by getting together and eating with their whole extended family. The first-year thanksgiving became a holiday was 1789 after George Washington requested it from congress. This holiday brings almost all family’s closer together and it helps to build family strength. %90 of Americans celebrate thanksgiving every year compared to %85 of Americans who celebrate Christmas. On average it costs $394 per to host a party of 10 people at your house this is because the increase of prices from having everyone trying to get the same supplies. 

Black Friday 

Many people know about Black Friday being one of the most deals in stores every year the day after thanksgiving people make lines outside of store before the open and in many cases, people have got in fights for the items that they want. The first death was in 2008 due to someone being trampled to death. Since then, there has been 17 deaths along with 125 serious injuries. The most recent death was a shooting killing 1 person in Austin Texas. Black Friday still remains the biggest shopping spree for people around the world. 

Celebrations in household 

Thanksgiving celebrations are marked by a rich tradition that bring people together in joyous unity. The focal point is the feast, where families and friends gather around a table with many of different dishes, including the iconic roast turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. The preparation of this elaborate meal is often a group effort, reinforcing the spirit of togetherness. Beyond the culinary delights, many engage in the tradition of sharing what they are thankful for, fostering a sense of gratitude and reflection. Parades, football games, and volunteer activities also play a significant role in Thanksgiving festivities, providing diverse avenues for people to connect and celebrate. Whether through time-honored rituals or contemporary pastimes, Thanksgiving celebrations revolve around the core values of gratitude, togetherness, and the appreciation of life’s blessings, creating enduring memories and strengthening the bonds of community and family. 

Where Thanksgiving originated 

Thanksgiving has its roots back in 1621 when a group of English Pilgrims and Wampanoag Native Americans got together for a three-day feast in Plymouth, Massachusetts. Picture this: Pilgrims, looking for religious freedom, had a tough first year in the New World. Luckily, the Wampanoag, led by Chief Massasoit, were there to help with farming and hunting tips, making the harvest a success. Grateful for the support and the beautiful harvest, the Pilgrims organized a feast to say thanks. It’s like the original Thanksgiving, showing how different cultures can come together, share, and celebrate the good stuff, a tradition we still carry on today.