Top 10 Day Date Ideas
Bella Edwards, Journalist • April 23, 2024
The Unheard Voices of MMIW
Brooklynn Hixon, Journalist • April 22, 2024
Gas Prices $$$
Zeke Richardson, Journalist • April 22, 2024

Steve Jobs: “iTouched the World”

apple.com's tribute to Steve Jobs, appearing on their website since October 5th.

On October 5, 2011, Apple Inc.’s CEO, chairman, and co-founder Steve Jobs passed away at the age of 56, seven years after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. His work with Apple includes the invention of many revolutionary devices, such as the iPod, iPhone, iPad and Macintosh computers. His other work includes serving as the chief executive for Pixar Animation Studios.

Since 1976 when Apple Inc. was founded with Apple’s founder and friend, Steve Wozniak, Jobs has been described as a pioneer, a visionary, and a genius within the world of computer technology. Jobs is listed as the inventor or co-inventor on 338 patents for electronics and computer technology devices.

Many social media users and business partners have paid tribute to his revolutionary work including Microsoft and The Walt Disney Company.

“Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being,” Apple.com said on their home page. “Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.”

After resigning from the CEO position in August, Tim Cook has been named as Apple Inc.’s CEO and will continue Steve Job’s work with Apple. Jobs is survived by his wife and his four children.