The NFL Draft
Jordan Taula, Journalist • May 2, 2024
Please Sleep
Julia Adams, Journalist • May 2, 2024
Best College Degrees
Zeke Richardson, Journalist • May 2, 2024

Musical Productions casts Fiddler on the Roof

The fiddle has been played and the cast has been set. This fall Davis High Musical Productions will be putting on Fiddler on the Roof.

The story of Tevye (played by Juston Lebaron), his wife Golde (played by Becca Rose) and their five daughters will take the stage as they tell their story about finding love, living in czarist Russia and what it is like to live as a Jew.

“I’ve wanted to do this show for eight years. The kids who tried out for this class made us want to do the show,” Musical Productions teacher Andrea Thorne said.

The cast is preparing as best as they can to make this performance the best that they can, yet rehearsals aren’t all they are doing to prepare for the show.

“We work on the Fitzmaurice (A group of exercises that help with projecting your voice on stage and being calm on stage) breathing technique. We are having Mrs. Coburn and a BYU professor to come and help the cast with some of the Jewish aspects of the show.” Mrs. Thorne said.

The cast is working the best they can to make this show the greatest it can be, but each cast has its bumps along the way. The Davis High cast has their strengths and weaknesses, but they do what they can do to get around that.

“I think all casts have their strengths and weaknesses. The cast is really supportive of one another and they worry about each other more than they worry about themselves. Our weakness is like all my other classes; they like to talk to each other,” Andrea Thorne said.

The cast is preparing for a terrific show that will blow away the crowds the way it has done in the past and the audience is looking forward to another wonderful show.