Top 10 Day Date Ideas
Bella Edwards, Journalist • April 23, 2024
The Unheard Voices of MMIW
Brooklynn Hixon, Journalist • April 22, 2024
Gas Prices $$$
Zeke Richardson, Journalist • April 22, 2024

Girls Volleyball brings home State

Girls Volleyball takes home State Championship
    DHS Girls Volleyball wins State

The girls volleyball team brought home the state title for the 4th time in school history on Saturday, November 5th. This was the first time since  Head Coach Lori Salvo won it as a senior, 36 years ago.

The Lady Darts played the Lehi Pioneers in the Championship game beating them 3-0. Kaylie Kamalu finished the pioneers off with an Ace to finish Lehi’s State Title hopes.

Senior, Janessa Koelliker said “This was something we have always been working for, so glad to finally have it.” The girls had a great tournament run beating  all three of the Region 4 #1’s  Lone Peak, Pleasant Grove, and Lehi.

This season’s saying was “Together is Power.” Koelliker said, “Earlier in the season everyone was for themselves but we finally came together as a team and we have never played so good together in our whole lives, and we have been playing since the 7th grade.”

Senior Michelle Clark said, “There were so many great moments in the tournament but the best one for me was watching all the girls that I have grown up with in the spotlight, seeing the joy they had.” The girls were very much united throughout this whole thing. The girls played together and trusted each other, confirming their saying “Together is Power.”

Senior Lauren Stringham said “Everyone wanted it for each other, this was the last time the seniors would be playing together.” Koelliker said “We wanted it so bad in the end that’s what pushed us.”

Stringham, Clark, and Langston said about their Coach, “Coach Salvo teaches to be positive, to give back to the community, teaches us to be the best we can be, be a good example, be good people this is what helped us become united and a better team.”

The girls did many service projects which included a breast cancer awareness game where they wore all pink, they also tied blankets for people in need. Giving back to the community was Coach Salvo’s way of teaching the girls how to be better people.

In the end the girls volleyball team made history, winning the 4th State Championship in school history. As our Principal Dee Burton would say “It’s a great day to be a Dart.”