2024 Academy Awards
Brooklynn Hixon, Journalist • March 28, 2024
23-24 Golden State Warriors Season
Jordan Taula, Journalist • March 13, 2024

Football season comes to an end

The 2011-2012 Davis High Football season has come to an end. The Darts lost 42-24 in a heartbreaker to the Jordan Beetdiggers in the first round of this season’s playoffs. Jordan beat Davis last season 52-7 also in the first round of the playoffs.

It was a very hard fought game all throughout. Jordan scored first within the first 1:30 of the game. Jordan ended up scoring three more times, while the Darts only had a field goal to show for.

Davis didn’t let up, they held Jordan scoreless while scoring 21 points to be only 4 points behind. 28-24 Jordan had the lead going into the 3rd and 4th quarters. After being shut down offensively for almost a full quarter, Jordan came out with a few more punches to hand out.

Davis High’s defense, the main strength of this year’s team, could not handle Jordan’s fast paced offense.

The Beetdiggers scored two more times before the end of the game, finishing the Dart’s state championship hopes with a 42-24 win.  

Mark Christiansen Senior halfback for the Darts said, “Disappointed that season had to come to an end.”

Coach Preston Parrish said, “It was encouraging to see the team fight back after being down so much.” 

When the Darts were down 28-3 the darts were down mentally, but the biggest turning point was when Tyson Denney, senior, Quarterback for the Darts, threw a huge touchdown pass to Wide Receiver Karter Chisholm. Christiansen said, “The coaching staff kept telling everybody that we weren’t out of it.”

At this point of the game, Davis needed something to get them back into the game mentally, this play and the muffed punt Senior safety Carson Beyer recovered were great game changers.

In the end the Darts efforts weren’t enough to pull off a win.

Some of the things Davis could have done better according to Parrish “Comes down to execution, we needed to be a little better fundamentally, and we needed to read and adapt to what the opponent was doing.”

Christiansen said, “We didn’t have the right mindset; we needed to bring energy to the game individually, and not sit around and wait for others to bring the energy.”

“Ultimately we needed to be better prepared mentally we were physically prepared just not mentally.” Christiansen concluded.