Utah's Universities and Colleges
Britton Thompson, Journalist • April 18, 2024
The Problem with AI Music
Rhett Parker, Journalist • April 18, 2024
The Artist Kathe Kollwitz
Zoey Larsen, Journalist • April 18, 2024

Davis v. Riverton

The Davis Darts Boys basketball season has tipped off. Davis played Riverton High on Tuesday the 22nd winning big with a 57-39 outcome.

The Darts were led by shooting-guard and Senior Captain Lincoln Holt who earned all 12 points from 3-point land with a lights out effort shooting 4-5 from downtown. Holt ended with team high 12 points. Head Coach Jay Welk told Deseret News, “Lincoln came out hard tonight,” “On top of the scoring, he did the little things and set the standard for the others.”

This year’s team is pretty deep with many great options on the bench. Nate Coleman and Karter Chisholm, back-up guards played great roles with 7 point efforts.

Senior big man, Jace Johnson also had a big all around game with 8 points, 3 assists, and a handful of rebounds. Tanner Olsen added 5 points to help the Darts open the 2011-2012 season with a good win over a good team. Welk also told Deseret News, “I thought it was a good start for us,” “They (Riverton) are one of the perennial teams in Utah, and we were happy to have success against such a good coach and team.” There is much to look forward to this season when it comes to Darts basketball. Coach Welk’s teams have been known for their exceptional defense, this strategy wins a lot of games. With a lot of offensive talent and a tough defense, Davis High basketball looks promising.