What Should Replace Bennion Crafts in Kaysville

The Bennion Crafts store that is next to Bowmans on 354 Main St, Kaysville has been
closed for a while. There has yet to be word on what is going to replace the store. There has been
a lot of chatter around town on what kind of business could be coming to this location. The
reason for all this chatter is mainly due to the perfect location of the store and the size of the
store. It is no secret that citizens of Kaysville love their hometown Bowman’s Marketplace, so
what will be its neighbor? There are many possibilities as to what the store could be, truly
anything could potentially work.
The elephant is the room is obviously Trader Joe’s. People in Kaysville have started a
campaign movement to try to get Trader Joe’s to get a location in Kaysville. There is a huge
market for a Trader Joe’s in town. The old Bennion Crafts store seems like the perfect location to
put a Trader Joe’s and it would give Bowmans some good old competition, which may lead to
prices lowering. It seems that everybody would enjoy a local Trader Joe’s that they could go and
stop by. Currently there are Trader Joe’s location in Cottonwood Heights, Draper, and Salt Lake
City. It is a little bit of a trip to get from Kaysville to a Trader Joe’s, so it would be really nice to
have one closer to us. The community would love the inclusion of Trader Joe’s in Kaysville.
An Arcade would be a fun addition to Kaysville. The Bennion Crafts store would be the
perfect size and location for an arcade. An arcade would not have a lot of competition in
Kaysville so it might do better than expected. There are so many occasions where kids and
teenagers will want to get out and go somewhere in town but there only real option is to go get
food, so an arcade would be a great place for people to go hangout at when they don’t just want
to go to a house or a restaurant. Arcades can be used as a source for community bonding.
Kaysville needs more fun things to do. Arcades provide entertainment for everyone. An arcade
being added to Kaysville could make adults feel very nostalgic for their childhood and make
them want to bring their kids. An Arcade could become a hometown staple of Kaysville.
Kaysville needs a good thrift store. People love thrifting but there are no thrift stores in
Kaysville City. All the Thrift stores are in Layton. The size of the store would fit the thrifting
type of business very well. Thrifting is especially popular among teenagers; they love to go with
friends and go buy random clothes and other things for way cheaper than normal. Thrifting has
so many benefits such as unique finds, a one in a kind experience, environmental sustainability,
and affordable shopping. A Thrift store would also be nice for people who want to donate things
but don’t want to go very far. Thrifting is a great way to make sure your giveaway items don’t go
to waste. You know what they say, “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.” Thrifting is the
future; it promotes recycling and reduces the environmental impact for manufacturing goods. A
Kaysville thrift store would be an exciting business opportunity.
It is time that Kaysville gets a new breakfast diner besides Annies. A diner would be a
good option for the Bennion crafts location especially since diners don’t require drive-thrus such
as most other restaurants. A new diner would be a great addition because the whole point of a
diner is to provide a casual and welcoming atmosphere. But what specific Diner could go there?
Possible diners could be IHOP, Blackbear Diner, Denny’s, etc. A new diner could even be just a
hometown business that isn’t involved in a restaurant chain. Kaysville would be welcome to a
new diner.
A Barnes and Noble, or any bookstore type of business could be considered a good option
to replace Bennion Crafts. Kaysville doesn’t currently have any bookstores. The nearest Barnes
and Noble is located in Farmington Station. A bookstore could become a gathering place for
Kaysville to foster a sense of community and to have a common connection with other citizens,
just like how places like the Kaysville Theater have a sense of community. A bookstore would be
a unique offering to this town. They could also double down and be a movie and music store as
well a bookstore, they could provide multimedia entertainment. A bookstore could be a fun little
business to have in our town.
What if Bennon Crafts gets replaced by a new craft store? Anything is possible. There
were a lot of complaints from people when Bennon Crafts closed because now people had to
drive further to purchase their crafting supplies. Well, it seems like if there is a want for a craft
store then it might work. A new crafts store might be too risky because the previous one
obviously couldn’t stay afloat, however if there is a newfound marker for it then it could maybe
happen.
The last option on this list is a pawn shop. This pick is a wildcard. It is hard to tell how a
pawn shop would do in Kaysville. It possibly could be a success. Benefits to pawn shops include
quick cash for people selling random items, accessible financing, affordability, and a good way
to recycle. Some people love the idea of buying and selling secondhand items, and some people
do not. It just depends on the person. Would Kaysville benefit from a new pawn shop?
Anything could realistically be replacing Bennion crafts, we just don’t know what it is.
Hopefully something new comes to Kaysville that will do good business and benefit the people
of Kaysville. Kaysville loves their hometown businesses, hopefully whatever comes to Kaysville
next will receive some of that love. Who knows, Maybe Bennion Crafts could even make a
comeback. It is hard to tell what is going to happen.